Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

which big-time players are "known" jerks, & which very nice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
who are some big stars/recent HOFers who have a strong reputation of being either very nice/ or big a-hole

i'll start.
i hear cal ripken is a real nice guy when you meet him

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
People bitch about George Brett being a jerk and rude. Those are the people I saw bothering him at a restaurant in KC on his wife's birthday. They couldn't figure out why he was upset that they kept coming up to his table. We weren't at Applebee's or anything like that. He started by asking them to please wait until after dinner. They wouldn't leave him alone so he said another time please. He finally got pissed when they wouldn't stop coming up, taking pictures. If I'm the manager of that restaurant, I'd be expecting phone calls.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
abncollectsautos said:
i have met bonds several times and he is very nice

nice-jimmy rollins

complete *****-arod

i guess it all just matters how a person is feeling that day or what the fans intention is because arod was nice as can be to me, talked to me about baseball for a bit, but i didnt ask for and auto or have any plans of even asking for one...so maybe that was your problem, idk.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
KOBEARODLT said:
abncollectsautos said:

nice-jimmy rollins

complete *****-arod

i guess it all just matters how a person is feeling that day or what the fans intention is because arod was nice as can be to me, talked to me about baseball for a bit, but i didnt ask for and auto or have any plans of even asking for one...so maybe that was your problem, idk.

i wasnt asking for an auto either. guess he just wasnt having a good day

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Arod- He is so cocky and arrogant everytime I see him.... ignores the fans for auto's, even NY fans for auto request heck even a wave.... Seen him twice so far in Detroit.

Shep :ugeek:

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
abncollectsautos said:

nice-jimmy rollins

complete *****-arod
When I saw him at a game, he was very very nice to the fans.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
a-rod was a **** when i went to a baseball camp at 12-years-old

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
shephech said:
Arod- He is so cocky and arrogant everytime I see him.... ignores the fans for auto's, even NY fans for auto request heck even a wave.... Seen him twice so far in Detroit.

Shep :ugeek:

Just curious, but based soley on what you wrote, it seems your calling him "cocky and arrogant everytime I see him" because he avoids siging auto's? I'm wondering what he did to you specificly, or what you see him do do others that makes him this way in your eyes, aside from just not signing auto's.

Back to the question at hand, although Dr. K is by no means a 'big time player' now, he was a very nice guy! All smiles and handshakes. Down to earth and willing to chat.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
might come as a surprise, but when i used to work at Sports Authority Carlos Zambrano came in and was actually really nice.

Once people realized he was in the store people were buying MLB baseballs to have them signed, and from what i saw he signed for anyone that asked and was kind to everyone and cool about it. I thought that was pretty nice considering it was one of those situations where he was just trying to shop and some players would have thought of it as being "bothered" and may not have done that.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Card Magnet said:
From what I've read/heard :

Barry Bonds = JERK

Perhaps it's just roid rage...

I have never met him so I dont know for sure.... but earlier this season he was on an ESPN game and talking to the guys in the booth he said he created the persona everyone saw. SO time will tell.... if he does more interviews and comes off as a nice guy more and more.... Ill give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is really a nice guy. I could totally understand why he would do it tho.... doing what he was doing..... he probably felt like he had to do something to keep from going insane.... so coming up with the Bonds we saw was the way to do it.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
rymflaherty said:
might come as a surprise, but when i used to work at Sports Authority Carlos Zambrano came in and was actually really nice.

Once people realized he was in the store people were buying MLB baseballs to have them signed, and from what i saw he signed for anyone that asked and was kind to everyone and cool about it. I thought that was pretty nice considering it was one of those situations where he was just trying to shop and some players would have thought of it as being "bothered" and may not have done that.
Alot of players aren't bad off the field especially if they're aren't with family (the Brett story earlier).

Members online

Latest posts