Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collector's Dream, In Hand!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
I have been collecting Ray Lankford since 2000, a difficult player to get all cards of due to '90s variations and all the Pacific fun. As of April, I have 523 of his 965 cards which includes 1/1's, plates, oddballs, etc.

One of the most expensive cards I acquired was this plate in 2007. It was the magenta version of the back of a 1998 Topps Gallery base card. I got in a bidding war and ended up paying $108 ::facepalm:: but it was the first and only plate I have ever seen of Lankford.

LankfordMagenta98Gallery.jpg

Fast forward to last week, I was doing my weekly Lankford searches on EBay and came across a lot of 5 Lankford printing plates which quickly got my heart rate up. I figured since I paid over $100 for my last one, this auction would be very much out of my reach since I still encounter resistance on rare Lankford cards to this day. Thought I'd go ahead and give it a shot regardless and try a last min snipe of $200 and pray for the best. Strangely enough, with less than a few min left in the auction, it was still at only 99 cents...

Needless to say, there were a few last minute snipes like my own, all set below $25! I refreshed to see I won the lot for only $22.49 and paid within seconds! Knowing about some of the shady people out there on EBay, I was wondering if I would ever see these plates or if some creep would email the seller with a much higher offer...

However when I got home this afternoon, there was a box waiting for me in the mailbox. Knowing I didn't order anything that size, I was puzzled as to the contents. Needless to say I opened it up and found the following!

LankfordPlateLot_0002.jpg

5 more plates to add to my set for a 1/10 of the price I was expecting to pay! With my birthday being next thursday, I figured this is better than cake!

starwarsfan2003

Dec 4, 2008
Well done notorious. Ebay is weird that way, one week your overspending by a lot, and the next week just utter steals. Everything has a way of evening itself out in the long run. Well done, and grats on the pickups.

And happy birthday :)

cammy collector

May 4, 2009
Western Maryland
sweet man, congrats!!! truth be told I actually saw that lot last week and I remembered the BMB had a Lankford collector (I think I helped you locate the Skybox Autographics Purple /50 a while back) and I was going to post about it but forgot. Really glad you won though, great price too! Keep it up

-Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts