Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is 09 Topps Finest really worth the price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Hey guys,

I am heading for the annual family vacation next week in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg... And have my sights set on 2 cardshops + 1 flea market, anyways I phoned up one and they said 09 Goudey and Finest arrived and is in stock.

So I searched up finest to find that you only get 2 auto'd finest rookie letter cards.... and also looked on ebay and it seems like this stuff is not selling very HOT! is it worth it to even bust it for $95-$100? Or would Goudey be a better decision?

Either way if one has that 08 Draft that's what I am getting.... but for now it looks like Goudey/Finest.

Thanks for the imput.

Shep :ugeek:

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
I can't say whether or not it's worth the price, but I will say that the design and refractors this year are fantastic. Topps outdid themselves this year (not that it was hard) and so I will be completing the base set.

09finest.jpg
09finestbref.jpg

base + blue refractor

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
shephech said:
Hey guys,

I am heading for the annual family vacation next week in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg... And have my sights set on 2 cardshops + 1 flea market, anyways I phoned up one and they said 09 Goudey and Finest arrived and is in stock.

So I searched up finest to find that you only get 2 auto'd finest rookie letter cards.... and also looked on ebay and it seems like this stuff is not selling very HOT! is it worth it to even bust it for $95-$100? Or would Goudey be a better decision?

Either way if one has that 08 Draft that's what I am getting.... but for now it looks like Goudey/Finest.

Thanks for the imput.

The flea market that you are going to usually has a few guys with really good prices on some cards. There is a cardshop in pidgeon forge at like stop sign 5 or 6 that is a complete ripoff however.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
bballcardkid said:
shephech said:
Hey guys,

Thanks for the imput.

The flea market that you are going to usually has a few guys with really good prices on some cards. There is a cardshop in pidgeon forge at like stop sign 5 or 6 that is a complete ripoff however.

Thanks alot man, the shop you are speaking of is the one I was gonna stop at... they overcharge eh?

Yeah I am thinking the biggest bargains would be at the Flea Market (It's the large one near Seiverville right?)

Ever try "Your Team Cards & Collectibles" in Gatlinburg?

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
shephech said:
bballcardkid said:
shephech said:
Hey guys,

Thanks for the imput.

Thanks alot man, the shop you are speaking of is the one I was gonna stop at... they overcharge eh?

Yeah I am thinking the biggest bargains would be at the Flea Market (It's the large one near Seiverville right?)

Ever try "Your Team Cards & Collectibles" in Gatlinburg?

The last time I was at Your Team Cards and Collectibles, I bought 2 packs of 2000/01 SPX for around $11 per pack. It's been a while, so I couldn't really offer my opinion. I think the one in Pigeon Forge is called "The Dugout" or something. Not only is the wax a bit high, he sold me a fake auto when I was little with a fake COA (I was an ignorant youngling at the time).

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Welcome to TN! If you have time for a game the TN Smokies aren't that far from Pigeon Forge.... just off interstate 40 on your way into Pigeon Forge. They have a very nice stadium.

Enjoy your stay!

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
caseya10781 said:
Welcome to TN! If you have time for a game the TN Smokies aren't that far from Pigeon Forge.... just off interstate 40 on your way into Pigeon Forge. They have a very nice stadium.

Enjoy your stay!

Thanks alot my friend, Yeah I am going to see them play the Barons on the 21st ;) gonna be a great time (Beckham,etc).

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
shephech said:
caseya10781 said:

Enjoy your stay!

Thanks alot my friend, Yeah I am going to see them play the Barons on the 21st ;) gonna be a great time (Beckham,etc).

Oh, I didn't realize Beckham would be in town, I might have to make the drive down for the game as well. If I do I'll let you know and maybe we can meet up.

As for IP autos, we drive an hour for those games and are always late. When we saw Price play there last year we just waited until they came out after the game.

Are you flying in?

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
The Price letter autos and Bowden letter autos dont sell very well but the Tiger Woods auto from Goudey does!

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
I've seen Finest boxes go on eBay for as low as $70-$75dlvd. I got a mini box for $45dlvd.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
caseya10781 said:
shephech said:
caseya10781 said:

Enjoy your stay!

Oh, I didn't realize Beckham would be in town, I might have to make the drive down for the game as well. If I do I'll let you know and maybe we can meet up.

As for IP autos, we drive an hour for those games and are always late. When we saw Price play there last year we just waited until they came out after the game.

Are you flying in?

Actually we are making the 16 hour drive.... haha

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
aminors said:
Question: Is 09 Topps Finest really worth the price?

Answer: No. Buy singles instead.

Anthony

Yeah I am gonna have around $300 for cards.... I wanted to spend $200/Singles and $100 on 1 nice box.... I don't bust aton of packs so I figured I would give 1-2 hobby boxes a go.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
I really liked my box of 2006 Finest, although it's very hard to find a box from most places under $140-150 now.

2009 isn't my cup of tea with the focus on nearly all prospect/rookie autographs, but the refractors look great.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
ffgameman said:
I really liked my box of 2006 Finest, although it's very hard to find a box from most places under $140-150 now.

2009 isn't my cup of tea with the focus on nearly all prospect/rookie autographs, but the refractors look great.

If they made the 2009 design with first year player on card autographs, I would be all over it, but the rookie logo stuff isn't my cup of tea.

Members online

Latest posts