Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Working on Team Draft for Case Breaks...come in and comment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I have been racking my brain over code on how to integrate a Draft Feature into a web page to help out when we do actual picks for the case breaks. I am working with someone else to feature a place on the internet you can sign into (like ustream) and once someone draws the picks such as Andrew or whomever else does a Team Draft to something similar to what you see on CBS, Yahoo or even ESPN. It won't be as fancy as those applications, however it will serve the correct purpose.

It's still in the process of coding, however once I get it up and running I would like to run a mock draft and see if there are any kinks to work out.

Basically this is how it would work (pending approval from the box breakers and FCB).

Whomever does the team breaks does the draft via webcam, the picks will be determined and posted on the thread

Go to the website I created and Sign up with your FCB username

Your username will be slotted into the spot where your pick is. For example, you received #1, you will be the first slot.

All teams in the draft will be listed and once you make your selection the team will disappear from the list and appear by your name thus letting everyone else know what is still available

Keep going down the list and if needed, would include a timer for the next pick

A predetermined team list will be implemented for the proposed order of the draft so if you can't make the draft, the application will automatically select the next best team for your slot.

Once the draft is completed, the results will be posted in the thread along with a screenshot for those that were not able to participate. I think there is a way to actually record from a website so a screenshot may not be necessary, rather the online draft would be recorded and placed on YouTube.

If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know. Once I get it up and running I would like to run a mock draft and make sure it runs to everyone's likings and of course pending approval from everyone else.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
If this works similar to fantasy drafts, this could be a great way to do the player draft breaks. Assuming you could just upload every players name into the queue, it would make organization so much easier. GL figuring the rest out.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
mredsox89 said:
If this works similar to fantasy drafts, this could be a great way to do the player draft breaks. Assuming you could just upload every players name into the queue, it would make organization so much easier. GL figuring the rest out.

Yes, that's the idea. We can do teams or even players like that one case break they had. I am currently talking to a couple of people about it so hopefully something progresses in the next week or so. I will just have to create a catchy website name.

Members online