Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Last of my trading credit gone..3 boxes of Threads SCANS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Went to the shop today after the owner called me to tell me he had Threads in. I asked him how much trade credit I had left and he said about 300 or 3 boxes. I went and busted three of those suckers. Well when I got there he had pulled a Jackson bat card and I figured that was the big pull for the product.

Cards look very nice! Here are my best hits.....

Ed McMahon event worn piece of suit
Casey Stengel g/u jersey w/ pinstripe
Bob Gibson g/u jersey /auto
and the biggie for me..........

Pete Rose autograph /75!! Its on the base card version and it looks great! I'll get scans up later this evening with a complete breakdown of the autographed RC's and inserts. Just had to share.

Brian

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Re: Last of my trading credit gone....3 boxes of Threads DONE!

Hey Zan, youre the resident Greenburg Guru on these boards right? My local shop has a 93 Action Packed 23KT gold Greenburg card in the shop for 5 bucks. Do you need it? LMK and I'll snag it for ya. I have some Bowman Chrome singles the owner needs for some sets and I'll swap him out for it.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY

blanning71 said:
Hey Zan, youre the resident Greenburg Guru on these boards right? My local shop has a 93 Action Packed 23KT gold Greenburg card in the shop for 5 bucks. Do you need it? LMK and I'll snag it for ya. I have some Bowman Chrome singles the owner needs for some sets and I'll swap him out for it.
Haha yes, I guess I can consider myself a "guru". If I'm thinking of the right card, which idk if I am, but regardless I could definitely use it! That would be great! PM sending in progress...

zan

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

blanning71 said:
Went to the shop today after the owner called me to tell me he had Threads in. I asked him how much trade credit I had left and he said about 300 or 3 boxes. I went and busted three of those suckers. Well when I got there he had pulled a Jackson bat card and I figured that was the big pull for the product.

Cards look very nice! Here are my best hits.....

Ed McMahon event worn piece of suit
Casey Stengel g/u jersey w/ pinstripe
Bob Gibson g/u jersey /auto
and the biggie for me..........

Pete Rose autograph /75!! Its on the base card version and it looks great! I'll get scans up later this evening with a complete breakdown of the autographed RC's and inserts. Just had to share.

Brian

Great hit on the Rose Brian!

I'd be less enthusiastic if it was a Baseball Americana Rose auto. I don't really like the look/idea of that subset personally. That is what is going to keep me from busting what I pre-ordered, and just selling it sometime down the road.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY

nice rose!

that was the one card i really wanted to pull!

congrats

dave

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina

Here are the scans of what I pulled. I had one more box to open tonight and just got finished busting. It was OK. The Bush card is sweet though.

threadsin.jpg
Inserts and stuff

threadsauto1.jpg

Rookie Autos--Anyone good in this crop? Last three at bottom are Luis Cruz, Omar Poveda, and Brian Duensing

threadsauto2.jpg

More Autos and Letter Patch auto

threadsgu.jpg
Game Used Cards

and now for the biggies!!!!

Here you go!

roseauto.jpg

Gibson Game Used Jersey/auto #'d to 50 and

Pete Rose Autograph #'d to 75

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Thanks, I am assuming thats the pic of him after he and Ventura went at it when Robin thought he was gonna whip the old man. LOL Great photo that they used for that card! I would love to get the auto of that card!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
blanning71 said:
Thanks, I am assuming thats the pic of him after he and Ventura went at it when Robin thought he was gonna whip the old man. LOL Great photo that they used for that card! I would love to get the auto of that card!

Ha, yep that's the pic! Does Ryan do TTM....that would look REALLY nice autoed!! :eek:

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
scotty21690 said:
blanning71 said:

Ha, yep that's the pic! Does Ryan do TTM....that would look REALLY nice autoed!! :eek:
Yes I think he does. I think its a "donation" to his foundation and he will sign. I think there is a set fee for autos, jerseys, flats, etc. It would be sweet to get it TTM'ed. I think he picks what he signs though.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
blanning71 said:
scotty21690 said:
blanning71 said:

Yes I think he does. I think its a "donation" to his foundation and he will sign. I think there is a set fee for autos, jerseys, flats, etc. It would be sweet to get it TTM'ed. I think he picks what he signs though.

The donation would be well worth it. Please send it out to get auto'ed...If you do, I would love to see how it looks!

Members online

Latest posts