Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prospecting question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know much about prospects, but I picked up a Gerardo Parra X for about 6$ dlvd, and have a chance to pick up his blue refractor for 15$

Do you think this is a decent deal or doesn he have better cards out there?

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Make sure it's from Bowman and not Draft, if so I'd take the blue if I were you...

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
aw00d05 said:
Make sure it's from Bowman and not Draft, if so I'd take the blue if I were you...

Its from 08 Bowman with Chrome...I know its not the draft as its #/150

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
A few members on the boards are real high on him. He's got a few autographs I think. Contenders, Elte..

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
A few members on the boards are real high on him. He's got a few autographs I think. Contenders, Elte..

Thanks Coastal...is his Contenders an SP?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
ahill1 said:
XdanX said:
aw00d05 said:

+1
http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Bowman-Chrome- ... dZViewItem

Thats the one I got a second chance offer on for 15$, and took it

Nice buy, those were selling around $30 last summer. His stuff is on the rise again and I don't know how much longer people are going to be able to ignore his numbers: Gerardo Parra

Thanks...I figured 15$ which was my original bid was a good price for one of these

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Going to have to hope that the D-Backs have a fire sale at the All Star break. Brynes is the only player blocking him and then you have Cyle Hankerd that may leapfrog him just because he can hit for more power at this point in time.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
19braves77 said:
Going to have to hope that the D-Backs have a fire sale at the All Star break. Brynes is the only player blocking him and then you have Cyle Hankerd that may leapfrog him just because he can hit for more power at this point in time.
I just hope he can keep on hitting like he has...i don't plan on holding for long...hopefully just long enough though

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Parra is an interesting guy: all of the tools grade out as average or slightly above, except the hit tool is flat out above average. He is never going to give you more than 20 HR's in a season, but he should be a .280-.300 hitter who sticks in center. Mudcatsfan makes a great point which is part of a bigger problem with the D'Backs - they really lack pure "professional hitters", so there really is a legit shot that he is their everyday LF before the year is out.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
Time I will tell...Like I said I don't really "prospect", but I know enough by seeing what he has done in the minors that I figured he was a pretty good buy right now at current prices.

Members online