Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting 90's parallel set (Jeter style)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Hey guys,

I picked this up at a shop the other day and I can't find many of them on ebay. The ones I do find all seem to sell quite well (i.e. $12 for Mark Kotsay). The card is a 1998 UD3 Derek Jeter Die-Cut Refractor/Spectrum-esque parallel #'d /100. Anyone have any idea what this thing might fetch or have any more info on the set?

JeterUD3100.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I still need Gwynn like that, I have all the rest... Gwynn would go for 15-20, so Jeters are double, maybe? Just a guess...

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
An Andruw Jones just sold for $14 and it had a really bad title.

[ebay:341xcckx]150343000961[/ebay:341xcckx]

marterburn

I am building this set to the extent of the non-/100 (currently on hiatus from it though), and i have a few /100 and track some sales.

Book value is actually a good approximation for the lesser guys that had/have significant MLB careers, and for the bigger guys like Jeter you're looking at probably about $80 or a little more.

that's an awesome find indeed!

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
marterburn said:
I am building this set to the extent of the non-/100 (currently on hiatus from it though), and i have a few /100 and track some sales.

Book value is actually a good approximation for the lesser guys that had/have significant MLB careers, and for the bigger guys like Jeter you're looking at probably about $80 or a little more.

Good news and what I was hoping to hear! I threw it up on the 'bay for an absurd BIN with best offer option so let's hope you're right!

In your experience, do you think I'd be better off letting it ride at auction? In other words, are there multiple set collectors who could get in a bidding war as opposed to the BIN/BO? Thanks for the info.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
A Mark Grace sold for over $60 a few months ago on eBay (I think I have an old thread on here to it if you do a search). And I wasn't even one of the bidders (already had one). Your Jeter is a great find. Really nice pickup! Now, since you have the hardest one, go get the other 5 variations to go with it...

98UD3FX.jpg98UD3EM.jpg98UD3RB.jpg
98UDFX2000.jpg98UDEM1000.jpg98UD3RB100.jpg

What card shop did you find it at? Somewhere around Schaumburg? (I work in Schaumburg by the way)

marterburn

JEA2880 said:
marterburn said:

Good news and what I was hoping to hear! I threw it up on the 'bay for an absurd BIN with best offer option so let's hope you're right!

In your experience, do you think I'd be better off letting it ride at auction? In other words, are there multiple set collectors who could get in a bidding war as opposed to the BIN/BO? Thanks for the info.

there aren't enough hardcore set collectors to get a significant bidding war going. but it's a great card for a Jeter collector, and there are many many many of those. BIN/BO is a good way to go i should think.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Have the 3 Big Die Cuts. Need the base for the "rainbow" now. LOL

/2000
1998UD3DieCutEF0882-2000.jpg

/1000
1998UD3DieCutsEE0086-1000.jpg

/100 ("Books" $80)
1998UD3DieCutER99-100.jpg

*Can't wait to rescan my Ripken Bucket with the new scanner. Might take me a couple weeks, but man I need to!

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Well, I got an offer of $75, countered with $90 and he accepted. I paid $25 at the shop so not a bad flip. Part of me wishes I had let it run at auction though, interested to see what it might have gotten. Nevertheless, can't complain!

Members online

Latest posts