Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Burbank lowers prices!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smoney17

Aug 7, 2008
So I have been following Burbanks' extensive collection of Donruss Crusades and I am pretty sure they have dropped their prices on a few cards. The Helton, along with many of the other Green Crusades, used to be at 34.25 and are now at 30.75, and a few of the lower end Green Crusades that were once at like 21.50 are now at 19.95. It will be interesting to see if Burbank prices continue to drop as buyers continue to shy away from their cards, but it is nice to see that they realize that their prices must come down eventually.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Smoney17 said:
So I have been following Burbanks' extensive collection of Donruss Crusades and I am pretty sure they have dropped their prices on a few cards. The Helton, along with many of the other Green Crusades, used to be at 34.25 and are now at 30.75, and a few of the lower end Green Crusades that were once at like 21.50 are now at 19.95. It will be interesting to see if Burbank prices continue to drop as buyers continue to shy away from their cards, but it is nice to see that they realize that their prices must come down eventually.

I am sure what the deal is, is that they are spending so much time posting their thousands of cards, that they don't have time or desire to lower prices, then once they reach a plateau, and people have picked the cards they are willing to pay, they will continue to drop prices...kind of like when you have a garage sale or go to the swap meet....don't budge on prices at beginning, and then start lowering prices come the end of the day, and keep cutting.... just good market sense.

I know he has tons of stuff I want, and I even paid for some of the SP stuff more than I should, but i didnt' want to let them go...he has more stuff I want, but will wait until they are either auctioned or fixed price comes down.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
maybe the fee's that go along with constantly relisting their overpriced cards are starting to cut into their profit margin a bit.. they have plenty of stuff I'd love to buy but paying out the azz is not how I add to my collection no matter how rare the item they have.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
1st4040 said:
maybe the fee's that go along with constantly relisting their overpriced cards are starting to cut into their profit margin a bit.. they have plenty of stuff I'd love to buy but paying out the azz is not how I add to my collection no matter how rare the item they have.

i personally dont mind paying over book for something rare and hard to come by...and it only costs them a few cents to repost for another 30 days, for the amount of business they do, thats no big deal...i think they know what they are doing. I am sure they will continue to drop prices, a little at a time...i have my eyes on a few that i will jump on after they come down just a wee bit...

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Rob Veres is good at what he does, but still I'd hate to pay his sorting/ebay bills.

Face it, the economy is hurting everyone, mr veres included

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
from what i hear, and this is just a rumor from a previous post on the FCB, there are certain eBay members that have discounted selling privileges b/c of the "amount" that they list. burbank typically has over 1 million listings per month which would normally = $30,000 ebay listings fees alone.

burbank does not pay as much ebay fees as one would think...

hofautos said:
1st4040 said:

i personally dont mind paying over book for something rare and hard to come by...and it only costs them a few cents to repost for another 30 days, for the amount of business they do, thats no big deal...i think they know what they are doing. I am sure they will continue to drop prices, a little at a time...i have my eyes on a few that i will jump on after they come down just a wee bit...

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
maybe they dont know what they are doing...i see them listings 1000s of base cards....i also see jersey cards for 250...hahahaha...geesh...

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
markakis8 said:
from what i hear, and this is just a rumor from a previous post on the FCB, there are certain eBay members that have discounted selling privileges b/c of the "amount" that they list. burbank typically has over 1 million listings per month which would normally = $30,000 ebay listings fees alone.

burbank does not pay as much ebay fees as one would think...

hofautos said:
1st4040 said:

This is true. My understanding is that at a minimum they receive a very steap discount, pennies on the dollar, or they're paying no listing fees whatsoever.

They are part of a high volume seller pilot program (along with 5 or 6 others sellers, for instance "buy.com") in which, eBay waves listing fees with the thought process that the seller's listings drive traffic to the site and that the sheer volume of final value fees will generate enough profit to warrant waving listing fees.

RudyGayExquisite

Sep 1, 2008
Am I the only person in the world who doesn't mind Burbank? I'm not sure what the guys name is, maybe Steve or Stephen, but he has always been nice to me when I email them and ask them about a card.
For the longest time, there was a card on there that I wanted..Price was $510. After emailing them, they said I could have it for $440 Dlvd. Comes to almost 13% off, which is alot better than the 8% Live was offering.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
RudyGayExquisite said:
Am I the only person in the world who doesn't mind Burbank? I'm not sure what the guys name is, maybe Steve or Stephen, but he has always been nice to me when I email them and ask them about a card.
For the longest time, there was a card on there that I wanted..Price was $510. After emailing them, they said I could have it for $440 Dlvd. Comes to almost 13% off, which is alot better than the 8% Live was offering.

They have sooooooo many cards I need. As collectors, we know what certain cards would go for if auctioned off. I am one of those people who does not want to (nor can afford to) pay way more than market value. I'm not boycotting them completely. I have bought about 5 cards from them in the past several months that I thought were decent deals. However, the rest of the inventory continues to sit there with high price tags acting like money on a shelf not generating interest like it would in a bank. Maybe someone with some connections with Burbank could periodically inform them of these "Burbank" threads that pop up every once in a while so they can get some feedback.

By the way, how did you get them to lower their price on a card? I've tried a few times and was shot down every time.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
They've always rejected my requests for lower prices also. I haven't noticed them lower the prices of anything that's on my watch list either.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
RudyGayExquisite said:

It's Stephen, he's a good guy with a business model that works. I'm with you, I have no problem with them or how they operate. It's their business, they are profitable and they are always courteous/helpful when I contact them.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
onionring9 said:
RudyGayExquisite said:

It's Stephen, he's a good guy with a business model that works. I'm with you, I have no problem with them or how they operate. It's their business, they are profitable and they are always courteous/helpful when I contact them.

I think people are just annoyed with Burbank having high prices on cards that rarely come up. Clearly the business practice works for them or they wouldn't continue to do it. Fortunately they don't have anything I want so im not affected