Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Won one single card ($60) from a seller who has priority shipping for $6.75 as the only option.

Is he making money at this price, am I foolish to pay this since he lives the next state over anyways?

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
EricInCT said:
Won one single card ($60) from a seller who has priority shipping for $6.75 as the only option.

Is he making money at this price, am I foolish to may this since he lives the next state over anyways?

Postage increased today (not sure how much exactly), but I'm guessing Priority will still be around $5 for a single card.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Would a smart person email him and ask him to adjust the charges since priority is not necessary?

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Couldn't hurt. What will suck is when you pay $6.75 and it shows up in a bubble mailer with $1.35 postage or even worse.... PWE. :lol:

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
EricInCT said:
Would a smart person email him and ask him to adjust the charges since priority is not necessary?

Just to play the devil's advocate here:

Did you set your bid based on the shipping cost? Was the shipping cost clearly detailed, and did you know this when you bid? If so, there really isn't any recourse. You should've emailed beforehand to see if the shipping cost was firm. As I see it, you have to pay for priority since that is how he advertised it in the auction.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
EricInCT said:

Yes. When I won an auction like this, and told the seller I wasn't in a hurry to get it, could I get regular old 1st class? He said ::facepalm:: "I can't believe I made that the only option."

I was stoked because I got a good deal even if I had to pay for priority shipping, I think other people avoided the auction because they didn't want to....

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
ballerskrip said:
At the P.O, the cheapest priority they offer me is $4.95 + $.85 confirmation....

So, I there isn't anything to make money off of

skrip

Mine only charges $.65 for DC if you use priority mail. Either way, the seller isn't making anything off of shipping costs. Then again, purchasing a label through Paypal I believe makes DC free with priority.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
RL24 said:
EricInCT said:

Yes. When I won an auction like this, and told the seller I wasn't in a hurry to get it, could I get regular old 1st class? He said ::facepalm:: "I can't believe I made that the only option."

I was stoked because I got a good deal even if I had to pay for priority shipping, I think other people avoided the auction because they didn't want to....

I have seen this happen numerous times........the same card sold later in the night for 98.00 with free shipping I won mine for 66 + 6.75 shipping.........I am waiting for his response......he is new and might have had the wrong option.

Since it didn't mention anything about delivery in his description I figured he has the default set incorrectly.

Members online

Latest posts