Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weekday Pickup Thread 5/11-5/15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
This just came in the mail. I have been reunited with my long lost love. Till death do us part.

scan0118.jpg=600

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Somethin like $4 dlvd, needed a half decent Jacobson auto for my mini stash of him. Really more of a collection than a stash considering he's a reliever and he's not doing too well but I'm happy with it as he's in Detroit's system.

JacobsonAuto.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Codasco07 said:
Got this in hand today, looks awesome.

FleerLegacyAU.jpg

Sick card. It's nice to see that more people have been made away about the fakes, and know to spot a real one (I say this based on the price discrepancy on eBay between real and fake.)

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
I'm trying to complete a set of 2001 Cubs Topps 50th Anniversary autographs. Got Andy Pafko today, my third (from the ten card set). Still need Ernie Banks, Dawson, Sandberg, Santo, Sutcliffe, Sutter and Billy Willy Williams.

Big Thanks to poster Nevermore for remembering that I collected these, and giving me a heads up.

pafko.jpg

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
bballcardkid said:
Nice card. So the first 300 of these are autographed correct? Any auto version after number 300/700 is an IP auto? Just curious because I'm looking for a nice Pujols 01 auto.

For the ones I have seen, this is the case. I would be more confident in its authenticity based on the signature though.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Codasco07 said:
bballcardkid said:
Nice card. So the first 300 of these are autographed correct? Any auto version after number 300/700 is an IP auto? Just curious because I'm looking for a nice Pujols 01 auto.

For the ones I have seen, this is the case. I would be more confident in its authenticity based on the signature though.
A lot un-auto'd ones numbered 300 and less were backdoored or sold through the Fleer bankruptcy. There are a ton of fakes out there numbered under 300. This is one of/if not the biggest buyer beware cards on the market. You need to do your research when buying one of these cards.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
IndyMann said:
Codasco07 said:
bballcardkid said:

A lot un-auto'd ones numbered 300 and less were backdoored or sold through the Fleer bankruptcy. There are a ton of fakes out there numbered under 300. This is one of/if not the biggest buyer beware cards on the market. You need to do your research when buying one of these cards.

+1 for sure. This is the first legit one I've seen on eBay in some time. I know one guy with two, but other than that they're pretty rare.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Codasco07 said:
IndyMann said:
Codasco07 said:
bballcardkid said:

+1 for sure. This is the first legit one I've seen on eBay in some time. I know one guy with two, but other than that they're pretty rare.

You can typically tell by the auto, but I didn't know some numbered between 1-300 were backdoored. That blows.

Latest posts