Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Decent Ripken Mailday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
I have wanted this card for about 3 years but I never thought the seller was too serious about selling it. I lost out on 2 lots from Robert Edwards Auctions so I had some money to spare I made an offer so without further rambling. A little card action:

ripkenlogo.jpg

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Nice Card.
Congrats.
I've made a couple offers on it through the months and never thought he was serious about moving it either.

miguelcabrera said:
wow, um BEST RIPKEN CARD EVER, incredable man, best ripken collection ive seen
Logoman or not, not the best Ripken card ever in my opinion. Top 5 sure.
It wOuld be so much better if it was on-card. I for one would have offered alot more if it was.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
miguelcabrera said:
what is ripkens best card then
if this is his only logoman auto, this is it
Well let me look at my checklist of 28 years worth of cards and get right back to you.

To each their own, I'm not saying it's not a great card. By god it is. It's amazing.
But Logoman + UGLY Sticker Auto + 1/1 stamp on a '08 card doesn't deem it the best Ripken card ever. Pretty sure his checklist is pushing 15,000+.

Again. Amazing Pickup Birdsfan.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I have no idea why that card needed to be both horizontal and vertical...but it's an amazing card.

Far more than a "decent Ripken mailday."

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Wow - a great Ripken card! I agree with Russ that it's not that magnificent card because it isn't on-card autograph. Still having that logoman on a 1/1 card is absolutely sweet...

Glad to see a serious Ripken collector out there. :cool:

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Russ S. said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

1042_1.jpg

not a 1/1, and cuts even certified by card companies are hard for me to trust, ill take the logoman/auto/1/1 everyday if it were for PC , this is my favorite ripken card out there unless there is another logoman auto (on card one maybe), otherwise this one takes the crown, bird man congrats on the best ripken card out there imo

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
I don't really care if it is a sticker auto or not. Dare you to find a logo on card auto, can't because there isn't one. I'll take whats out there I originally was going to go for David's Leather and Lumber Logo but that card is ugly as balls and the logo is half covered by the card so I figured for 1100 I'd buy this one instead of the L&L for 650. The Gehrig and Ripken Cut would be nice if a. The Ripken was on card b. it wasn't a shatty Gehrig cut and c. there was a picture of Gehrig on the card.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
birdsfan85 said:
I don't really care if it is a sticker auto or not. Dare you to find a logo on card auto, can't because there isn't one. I'll take whats out there I originally was going to go for David's Leather and Lumber Logo but that card is ugly as balls and the logo is half covered by the card so I figured for 1100 I'd buy this one instead of the L&L for 650. The Gehrig and Ripken Cut would be nice if a. The Ripken was on card b. it wasn't a shatty Gehrig cut and c. there was a picture of Gehrig on the card.

i agree, the gehrig dual cut is ugly

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
The first and last bump from me just thought that maybe more people would like to see it.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
Decent.

:lol:

Good stuff, Talmer.
Ok it is the second best card in my collection now. And a tough one for my 54 Bowman set got listed tonight its gonna be PRICEY.

Latest posts