Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

whats the best way to clean bgs holders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
this may have been discussed before, but is there anyway to clean bgs holders that may have little scratches on them...for example i just bought this card and when taking a picture of it, it really shows the scratches and smudges by the aikman..

001.jpg

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
I don't have a correct answer, but I know that once my cards come back from the group submission, I have graded card bags that they'll be going into once I scan them. Bought a pack of 100 on eBay for $6 dlvd I believe. I have quite a few left :)

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
Philip J. Fry said:
I don't have a correct answer, but I know that once my cards come back from the group submission, I have graded card bags that they'll be going into once I scan them. Bought a pack of 100 on eBay for $6 dlvd I believe. I have quite a few left :)

What did you search to find them?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Preventative things like a simple graded slab bag do wonders.

I'm always shocked when people don't put graded cards in bags, along with one-touches in a team bag. We're talking a penny or two per slab to keep the surface pristine...it's a fairly simple process.

That said, you may try to some buffing agents/cloths on a lesser slab to see if you can buff them out.

Dec 10, 2008
There are a couple ways to remove or diminish the scratches. First and best would be to use a mini car buffer, with compound. For most that doesn't have access to a buffer, I would recommend a product from Meguiar's, #17 (plastic cleaner) and #10 (plastic polish).

Also, I had about 500 McGwire cards that were PSA graded, and the very scratches I was trying to remove were caused by the graded card bags I had left them in. My graded card collection rarely ever moves; I only bring it out to add a new card, so that wasn't the culprit. My BGS cases are bag-free. They will receive less scratches that way.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Mark McGwire Museum said:
There are a couple ways to remove or diminish the scratches. First and best would be to use a mini car buffer, with compound. For most that doesn't have access to a buffer, I would recommend a product from Meguiar's, #17 (plastic cleaner) and #10 (plastic polish).

Also, I had about 500 McGwire cards that were PSA graded, and the very scratches I was trying to remove were caused by the graded card bags I had left them in. My graded card collection rarely ever moves; I only bring it out to add a new card, so that wasn't the culprit. My BGS cases are bag-free. They will receive less scratches that way.

Could you explain to me how the bags cause scratches? I have all of my BGS slabs in bags and none of them have scratches that were not already there before being placed in the bag. It just seems real odd that a graded card/team bag would scratch a slab. What am I missing here?

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
The PSA guys have had decent success hiding/removing scratches with Novus plastic polish which is readily available on eBay. I cannot personally vouch for the product as I have yet to use it.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
trolea1234 said:
Philip J. Fry said:

I did a search for "graded card team bags" and found them that way.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Philip J. Fry said:
trolea1234 said:
[quote="Philip J. Fry":2yv3t7o5]I don't have a correct answer, but I know that once my cards come back from the group submission, I have graded card bags that they'll be going into once I scan them. Bought a pack of 100 on eBay for $6 dlvd I believe. I have quite a few left :)

I did a search for "graded card team bags" and found them that way.[/quote:2yv3t7o5]

Graded card bags

If you are just buying one, I will ship USPS First Class instead of UPS because it will be cheaper. I would recommend getting some other supplies too, or you will end up paying about $4 for one bag. Troy, I know you bought the one touches from me before. Next time you need some, get 100 graded card bags too.

David

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
leatherman said:
Philip J. Fry said:
trolea1234 said:
[quote="Philip J. Fry":3n2qjhkw]I don't have a correct answer, but I know that once my cards come back from the group submission, I have graded card bags that they'll be going into once I scan them. Bought a pack of 100 on eBay for $6 dlvd I believe. I have quite a few left :)

I did a search for "graded card team bags" and found them that way.

Graded card bags

If you are just buying one, I will ship USPS First Class instead of UPS because it will be cheaper. I would recommend getting some other supplies too, or you will end up paying about $4 for one bag. Troy, I know you bought the one touches from me before. Next time you need some, get 100 graded card bags too.

David[/quote:3n2qjhkw]

Bookmarked. Thanks for the link David, next time I'll order supplies from a board member.

Members online