Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Calling: Dr Tom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skillz

Aug 7, 2008
I agreed to purchase two signed baseballs from Dr Tom. I asked him if they were in good condition (specifically: are they brand new and not yellowed), where he got them, etc. I promptly paid via paypal. I received them about 8-10 days later. Both of the signatures on the baseballs are good. With that being said, the Matsui ball is in such poor condition it could pass for being game used. If that wasn't enough, the Jeter ball has three yellowish/brownish what appear to be coffee stains on the ball. I'm not one to nitpick but I specifically asked about the condition. When paying good money I want good product. I have received no replies to my numerous PMs and have not received a reply to my paypal claim. I want to either return these for a full refund or keep them and get a partial refund as they are not worth what I paid for them IMO. I was under the impression that I was receiving mint condition items.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Skillz said:
I agreed to purchase two signed baseballs from Dr Tom. I asked him if they were in good condition (specifically: are they brand new and not yellowed), where he got them, etc. I promptly paid via paypal. I received them about 8-10 days later. Both of the signatures on the baseballs are good. With that being said, the Matsui ball is in such poor condition it could pass for being game used. If that wasn't enough, the Jeter ball has three yellowish/brownish what appear to be coffee stains on the ball. I'm not one to nitpick but I specifically asked about the condition. When paying good money I want good product. I have received no replies to my numerous PMs and have not received a reply to my paypal claim. I want to either return these for a full refund or keep them and get a partial refund as they are not worth what I paid for them IMO. I was under the impression that I was receiving mint condition items.

Sorry that happened. I had my own issues with him as I had a deal agreed to on the Jeter as well as the hamels, pending scans. Basically told me too bad and that I should have struck while the iron was hot, lol.

Anyway, pm me the details and scans if possible and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks

G

As far as phillyfan,
Sorry, I sell to the first person that shows me the money. I dont hold out anymore as its bitten me in the butt too many times. Someone offered to pay and I took their deal. Nothing was confirmed with us.

Skillz,
I was unaware that there was any problem with the Jeter. When I looked at it, I didnt see anything wrong with the ball, but I guess anything is possible. I just dont know what the point of this thread was. You already filed a chargeback against me. What more do you want? If you dont want the balls, you will get your money back. Seems pretty cut and dry for me. Not sure why you had to take something public that could have been dealt with between you and I, but its all good I guess.

Skillz

Aug 7, 2008
Dude, you didn't respond to the PMs and didn't respond to the chargeback, but you acknowledge that you receive them? Doesn't make sense to me. I will take pics of the ball, would like to work something out between us. Frankly I would love to keep the balls, as they aren't for resale anyway. With that being said I would need another ball or a partial refund or something, as they are now worth less in my mind.

Mamunrud

Aug 14, 2008
Dubuque, Iowa
Dr Tom,

I'm still waiting for the arrival of the baseball's I purchased and your lack of responding to my PM's and emails get me to start worrying. Now I read these posts on here and it raises even more doubt. My Paypal payment has been cleared for over a week now and still not a word from you on delivery confirmation numbers or an idea on when I can expect to see the baseballs I purchased. Yet I see you have plenty of time to respond in this thread and other threads and post pictures of the jersey you bought, partly with the money I paid for those baseballs I'd guess. Yet you can't take the time to answer a simple question in a PM?

I'm not asking for much, just a response on the status of my purchase. However, your lack of good business practice with your paying customers does not help any deals you may try to do in the future. I paid promptly, I'd guess I'd expect to receive the same courtesy on the receipt of my items. Please explain.

Mamunrud

Aug 14, 2008
Dubuque, Iowa
Well, I'm still waiting the arrival of the baseballs I purchased over two weeks ago from Dr. Tom and I still can't get him to leave me the tracking numbers or respond to my last PMs. I guess the only option I have left is to file for a refund with Paypal and get my money back cause it's getting obvious that I'm not going to be getting the baseballs. Beware when dealing with this user!!!

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Mamunrud said:
Well, I'm still waiting the arrival of the baseballs I purchased over two weeks ago from Dr. Tom and I still can't get him to leave me the tracking numbers or respond to my last PMs. I guess the only option I have left is to file for a refund with Paypal and get my money back cause it's getting obvious that I'm not going to be getting the baseballs. Beware when dealing with this user!!!

I will see what I can find out.

G

phillyfan0417 said:
Mamunrud said:

I will see what I can find out.

Both parties have been contacted. Seems to be a problem with postal service delivery and tracking.

Members online

Latest posts