Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Great article on Stephen "HOF" Strasburg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Here's to hoping he can set history aside and be the exception to the rule for pitchers taken #1 overall.

I'm rooting for him.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Jaypers said:
Here's to hoping he can set history aside and be the exception to the rule for pitchers taken #1 overall.

I'm rooting for him.
I agree. Only one better then my buy Arrieta at the Olympics. Hope he can shine at the show.

*And I hope we don't have 2547 posts with a bunch of stupid "chuck norris/Laports" monikers and nicknames and tall tales.
HOF?? ::facepalm::

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
It's a shame, although not #1 overall, Prior was labeled (like Strasburg now) the greatest pitching prospect of all time. The stuff was there, just he was a sheet of glass.

The other #1 overall failures that I personally witnessed just didn't seem to have "it" like Prior did and Starsburg has now: Paul Wilson, Kris Benson, Bryan Bullington, and even Luke Hochevar now.

I think for a couple seasons Prior lived up to his hype, if not, then just a notch below it. I really don't see Bartman getting the opportunity to be ostracized from Chicago without Prior.

Jaypers said:

I'm rooting for him.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
jbone17 said:
Yep, lets hope he isn't the next Bullington, Prior.

In my mind he would be fortunate to be the next Prior, I think people forget how great he was until injuries really killed his career. Prior was awesome, really there is no control over you getting hurt.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
cgilmo said:
stevezimmer22 said:
jbone17 said:

In my mind he would be fortunate to be the next Prior, I think people forget how great he was until injuries really killed his career. Prior was awesome, really there is no control over you getting hurt.

I personally blame Dusty Baker.

Completely agree on that one.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
mark_prior_and_pedro_martinez-vi.gif

he will draw comparisons to verlander because he can light up 3 digits on the radar gun and their size. justins fastball doesnt pop the way lil stevies does and lil stevie uses his curve ball as an out pitch justin seems to be scared of his... i think the better comparison would be to max scherzer a plus plus fastball with mid to high 80s changeup. the main concern i see with lil stevie is that with washington his offense may not support him if he encounters a bad day or fielding lapses cost him some runs. i hope is solid and has a great career but any pitcher is only as good as the fella calling the game!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I hear his nickname is now "Anchorman".

He hails from SD (ala Ron Burgundy), and can anchor DC's rotation right now.

Stay classy.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
stevezimmer22 said:
cgilmo said:
stevezimmer22 said:
jbone17 said:

So so sad, as a Cubs fan I just loved watching Prior pitch, he had incredible stuff.

Stupid Dusty, tried to ride him and Wood to the World Series, d'oh!

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
masonphillip said:
stevezimmer22 said:
cgilmo said:
stevezimmer22 said:
jbone17 said:

So so sad, as a Cubs fan I just loved watching Prior pitch, he had incredible stuff.

Stupid Dusty, tried to ride him and Wood to the World Series, d'oh!

That and the collision with Marcus Giles. I was watching that game ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts