Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scratches on 09 Bowman Chrome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marterburn

i was just making sure it wasn't widespread before I cried to them for something everyone has. but 90 views ant just the 1 reply tells me its time to send a message.

also shorted an auto in one of the boxes, not very good luck so far with this product!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
marterburn said:
So they're asknig me to spend the $8 to send the aprroximately 110 damaged cards to them, with no promise of doing anything. what a joke...

Do you expect them to just send you a free box of 110 cards?

It happens. You send them back, they'll replace them, and they'll likely give you a lil something something for your troubles.

At least they put a quality product that usually holds it's value based on it's name and reputation.

marterburn

Jeff N. said:
marterburn said:
So they're asknig me to spend the $8 to send the aprroximately 110 damaged cards to them, with no promise of doing anything. what a joke...

Do you expect them to just send you a free box of 110 cards?

It happens. You send them back, they'll replace them, and they'll likely give you a lil something something for your troubles.

At least they put a quality product that usually holds it's value based on it's name and reputation.

Aye.

I'm just in a mood. You're correct on all counts.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
notoriousrmb said:
...and yet we crucify Razor in their first year and Topps has been doing this for how long?
There is a huge difference between and old, established company making a production error, than the "new kid on the block." One has credibility and history, the other has to earn it.

What is it they say about first impressions? Oh yeah.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
Max,

Smae problem from my box. Must of been the case. Send them to Topps. They are usually very good with replacing/missing cards. I've never ever had a problem with them. Mine are going back today probably.

Josh

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
200lbhockeyplayer said:
notoriousrmb said:
...and yet we crucify Razor in their first year and Topps has been doing this for how long?
There is a huge difference between and old, established company making a production error, than the "new kid on the block." One has credibility and history, the other has to earn it.

I really don't want to turn this into another Razor thread, but I can't see how the "old established" company gets away with something that they should have years of practice perfecting. If anything I would hold the established company to a higher overall standard.

I'm not disagreeing that the poor quality crushes Razor's sales based on first impressions as you stated, but I would be more upset and demand more from a company that has been around as long as Topps. It's basically saying once you have made a name for yourself, you can sell poo in a box and its acceptable since you are a "known name". Personally I don't buy it.

If you are going to bash razor for poor quality, then a company like Topps should be ripped apart.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
marterburn said:
Every single Bowman Chrome Prospects base card I pulled from my 2 boxes of Jumbos has a scratch in exactly the same spot running vertically down the entire length of the card. Anyone else have this issue?

Good luck....I had to send back 2 cases of Bowman Chrome Draft Picks a few years ago. About 80-90% of the chrome cards were off-center left-to-right (90-10). I returned all the base gold cards because of pealing and the base cards since nearly all had corner dings. Under normal circumstances, I could have cared less about the base and base gold cards but I was upset.

It took months of calls and emails to resolve the issue. They kept telling me that grading companies brainwashed me into thinking cards should be perfect. As long as the entire picture of the player is visible, the card is within their quality standards for centering. The corner dings on the base cards were the result of some kids stocking a shelf...that was until I reminded the manager they were sealed cases.

Breaking up the replacements into requests of less than 25 cards is much easier if possible. Otherwise, you could be in for a long battle to get replacements.

Just thinking about the process....and the condescending tone they used...and the insult of the first "replacement" offer....the calls that were never returned, the deadlines they missed.....eerrrr....just thinking about it now gave birth to a new tumor.

I was so mad, I registered a new domain name...ihatetopps.com thinking I would launch a new site to document the horrible level of customer service.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
notoriousrmb said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
notoriousrmb said:

I really don't want to turn this into another Razor thread, but I can't see how the "old established" company gets away with something that they should have years of practice perfecting. If anything I would hold the established company to a higher overall standard.

I'm not disagreeing that the poor quality crushes Razor's sales based on first impressions as you stated, but I would be more upset and demand more from a company that has been around as long as Topps. It's basically saying once you have made a name for yourself, you can sell poo in a box and its acceptable since you are a "known name". Personally I don't buy it.

If you are going to bash razor for poor quality, then a company like Topps should be ripped apart.
What I am saying is that established companies are always given the "right to rectify" a problem simply due to their history, new companies don't get that luxury. By all means, Topps should be held to a higher standard, but you have a history with Topps, and a level of inherent trust in them resolving a problem. Manufacturing problems occur across every industry, and you can guarantee that established companies have better opportunities to continue to grow than new businesses with the same problems.

That's why breaking into any industry requires serious, serious quality and overboard service...you have to earn the public's money and trust before they "accept" any failures or pitfalls.

It isn't about "bashing" Razor, and I didn't bring them into this thread, but clearly there is a difference in the default reputation of Topps and Razor.

marterburn

just thought I would update as the process is now complete.

They replaced all the cards, but in the letter highlighted the "25 cards maximum. more than that will be replaced by randomly selected cards." For future reference, i suppose.

They also gave me my missing auto; Greg Halman :)

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Topps is great about replacing damaged cards and missing autos....got my missing auto back in LESS THAN 1 week!

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
Topps is great about replacing damaged cards and missing autos....got my missing auto back in LESS THAN 1 week!

agreed..i have never had an issue with replacements from topps. i generally have the cards back in my hands within a week

Members online

Latest posts