Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Going to my first card show in 15 years & have a few ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Headed to a show this weekend and will be taking about $250-300 in cash as well as a few cards for possible trades. Haven't been to a show in 15 to 20 years, so it has been a while. This is a smaller show with only about 30 tables.

Would like to bust a box or 2, but unsure on what a good price is for these:
2008 Bowman jumbo
2008 Bowman chrome
2007 Bowman Draft
2009 Bowman --- is it worth busting?
2008 Sterling

Anyone have any suggestions on what else to look for or any tips?

Any help would be great.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
jpruitt2 said:
Headed to a show this weekend and will be taking about $250-300 in cash as well as a few cards for possible trades. Haven't been to a show in 15 to 20 years, so it has been a while. This is a smaller show with only about 30 tables.

2008 Bowman jumbo - $80-90
2008 Bowman chrome - $40-45
2007 Bowman Draft - $70-80
2009 Bowman --- is it worth busting? - Not until the price comes down
2008 Sterling - Better hope for Posey, Beckham, Longo

Any help would be great.

Not sure about trades. Most older guys will try to screw you with BV bs.

Same thing with buying singles. The way the market is right now, do not buy at seller's prices.
If you like a card, name your price. If they turn it down, your strongest negotiating tactic is to walk away.
You'll most likely see it somewhere else or on eBay for the $$ you want. Or they'll come down as you're leaving their table.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Go to the show with low expectations. I hear story after story of people going to shows only to find a couple tables of guys selling overpriced junk with the latest Beckett nearby to quote you a price.

I really hope the show is better than most lately, as for your original question, here is what I would pay in person for the boxes knowing I could get a better deal online if I wanted to wait to rip.

2008 Bowman jumbo - 90
2008 Bowman chrome - 45
2007 Bowman Draft - 80
2009 Bowman --- is it worth busting? I'm not impressed with this so far
2008 Sterling - 250/box, 45/pack

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
chashawk said:
jpruitt2 said:

2008 Bowman jumbo - $80-90
2008 Bowman chrome - $40-45
2007 Bowman Draft - $70-80
2009 Bowman --- is it worth busting? - Not until the price comes down
2008 Sterling - Better hope for Posey, Beckham, Longo

Any help would be great.

Not sure about trades. Most older guys will try to screw you with BV bs.

Same thing with buying singles. The way the market is right now, do not buy at seller's prices.
If you like a card, name your price. If they turn it down, your strongest negotiating tactic is to walk away.
You'll most likely see it somewhere else or on eBay for the $$ you want. Or they'll come down as you're leaving their table.
The most overlooked tactic in all price discussion.

A simple, "thank you, that's higher than I was expecting, have a nice day" works wonders for your average dealer. Basically, you hold all of the money...and therefore the power. If it's a bad show, most dealers will drop just to reach their budgeted sales.

Members online