Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MY FAVORITE INSERT SET - Can anyone help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Found a moment to do a little scanning, so I thought I would share one of my favorite projects.

Does anyone have any "stars" that they want to sell? I would LOVE the griffey more than anything, but want even minor stars. Even if not for sale, and if you have one, I would love to see it....

1999 Bowman Chrome International Refractors #/100
int1.jpg

int2.jpg

int3.jpg

int4.jpg

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
dont have any but.....WOW those are unreal, best looking cards there are, especially like the holiday, sabathia, and dunn

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
gracecollector said:
Very nice parallel set to collect! Good luck with it, would be quite a challenge to finish.

Sorry this is PC...
99BOWMANCHROMEINTREF.jpg

sweet card...thanks for sharing...

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I've got an extra Andruw...Good luck sompleting that set...It'll be a tough and nice when its finished.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
the calvin pickering and john patterson looked to be decently priced in the ebay stores at 7.99 a piece, also seen that sick eckstein one at auction to

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
KOBEARODLT said:
the calvin pickering and john patterson looked to be decently priced in the ebay stores at 7.99 a piece, also seen that sick eckstein one at auction to

Thanks, and thanks for the compliments earlier..I really am only going after stars, and henpecked the stores (many from ugh burbank)...I noticed you liked the rookies...I also have burrell and pena which I have around here somewhere.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
KOBEARODLT said:

oh, i would add the eckstein, but last one sold for like $70...i don't think i would go more than $30-35 for him.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
braves2008champs said:
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards,=1999+bowman+chrome+international+refractor

Just don't outbid me the next time a Hudson comes up on ebay :oops: - the only RC of his that I need

I wonder who's been looking longer?
Do you have his victory parallels?

Thanks for trying on the checkoutmycards...none of those quite make it to my classification of star though...I usually only collect hof, but stretching it to "some" popular stars.

edit to add - i know burbank or some other crazy seller has one, but he was asking an astronomical amount, but you may be willing to pay if it completes your set...

braves2008champs

Aug 7, 2008
I knew they weren't big time player's but hey - they're sweet looking cards for $2... if you ever decide to go for the set they would be easy pickups

In the past 2 years theres only been 1 int'l ref up on ebay - went for $35... so I won't be paying Burbank's price of $100 and something, especially when I picked up his gold ref for around the same price

I have all the victory parallels (minus the 1/1), the other bowman/bowman chrome parallels and all of the Omega's. Finding the int'l ref would be nice, but I won't touch burbank's.

Good luck finding some to add to the collection - I'll keep an eye open for any that cross my path

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
I still am a bit partial to these....

I used to have a Crawford International Ref BGS 9, but I sold it for $100 a little over a month ago.
someone had one for $75obo, and he took my $60dlvd off ebay...should be on it's way..

I must admit, of all the international, the alamo is my least favorite...color is kind of blah...too bad dunn is from texas too...
!BSQJuqw!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKkYEjlLmY4pPBKCOkNK,zg~~_1.jpg

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
hofautos said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
I still am a bit partial to these....

I used to have a Crawford International Ref BGS 9, but I sold it for $100 a little over a month ago.
someone had one for $75obo, and he took my $60dlvd off ebay...should be on it's way..

I must admit, of all the international, the alamo is my least favorite...color is kind of blah...too bad dunn is from texas too...
!BSQJuqw!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKkYEjlLmY4pPBKCOkNK,zg~~_1.jpg

The one I posted the Gold Refractor /25

I sold the rest of my Crawford stuff - Ref, Intl Ref, TT Auto, etc.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
braves2008champs said:
I knew they weren't big time player's but hey - they're sweet looking cards for $2... if you ever decide to go for the set they would be easy pickups

In the past 2 years theres only been 1 int'l ref up on ebay - went for $35... so I won't be paying Burbank's price of $100 and something, especially when I picked up his gold ref for around the same price

I have all the victory parallels (minus the 1/1), the other bowman/bowman chrome parallels and all of the Omega's. Finding the int'l ref would be nice, but I won't touch burbank's.

Good luck finding some to add to the collection - I'll keep an eye open for any that cross my path

Yea, it may be a battle to see who wants the hudson more :lol:
We both know that we aren't willing to pay near burbanks price...well 99 more of them out there...

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
braves2008champs said:

nah...never been much of a set collector...i only want the *stars* :mrgreen:

braves2008champs said:

I know gold ref is more rare, but i don't put much value of them over regular ref...I also don't go nuts over orange or red borders...i am wierd in a lot of ways :mrgreen:

braves2008champs said:

I have the most common of the victory parallels and is badly oc...wouldn't mind the /100 version, but haven't seen one :D

braves2008champs said:

Thanks, let me know if you see any stars!

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
jarcar said:
I have a Walker incoming. I've never seen one in hand but the scans sure do look awesome. Can't wait to get it.

Scans don't even do the cards justice...in hand, you will F L I P ---

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts