Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS grades arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
97finestembref.jpg
97pintotcertprs.jpg
97pintotcertpr.jpg

97pintotcertpb.jpg
97pintotcertpg.jpg
98donrusscrusadep.jpg

99finestgref.jpg

Kinda upset over the Platinum Red getting a 9, but it's my fault for not peeling before submitting. I knew the Crusade would grade low because of the bottom corners on the back, so that was no surprise. I am surprised I received 2 10's, especially on the Gold Refractor since it was die cut. Overall, I'm pleased with the results and happy to have them back. Thanks again Chris and Beckett. Can't wait to see what the next submission brings.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Very nice Philip. Tony was always one of my fav's back in the day.

On a side note though, You need to check the fine print on the bottom of the submission form as it clearly states:

No Platinum Red 9.5's will be sent to Oak Harbour, OH---BGS Grading Co.

:lol:

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
good job. btw i came across a tony clark sports illustrated card i think it is a platinum edition or something to that effect /125 i believe.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
mredsox89 said:
Did you not peel the red for a particular reason? Just wondering

Honestly, I completely forgot. I was in a hurry getting them out and in by the deadline. I actually had this conversation with George_Calfas who advised me it would be best to peel the Totally Certified cards before sending to BGS. I only have myself to blame, but I'm not too upset since it's PC only anyway.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Philip J. Fry said:
mredsox89 said:

Honestly, I completely forgot. I was in a hurry getting them out and in by the deadline. I actually had this conversation with George_Calfas who advised me it would be best to peel the Totally Certified cards before sending to BGS. I only have myself to blame, but I'm not too upset since it's PC only anyway.

if it is pc who cares, i personally like the look of the peel on the card

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
KOBEARODLT said:
Philip J. Fry said:
mredsox89 said:

if it is pc who cares, i personally like the look of the peel on the card

Thats why I'm on the fence about it :) Honestly, outside of the 8.5 Crusade, so far all of my grades are 9.5 and higher, so I might try to make it uniform. I know with the Crusade I'm stuck with it, unless a raw one pops up and it looks better than the one I have now.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Philip, for what it's worth I was at the National in Cleveland a few years back and was at the Beckett booth. There was a conversation a Beckett staffer was having with a guy about peeling a card. The staffer told him that Beckett can't give a Gem grade for a card that still has the peeling on becasue they can't properly grade the surface. So maybe resubmit it. But if your happy with it and it's in your PC, not that big of a deal really.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Randy Shields said:
Philip, for what it's worth I was at the National in Cleveland a few years back and was at the Beckett booth. There was a conversation a Beckett staffer was having with a guy about peeling a card. The staffer told him that Beckett can't give a Gem grade for a card that still has the peeling on becasue they can't properly grade the surface. So maybe resubmit it. But if your happy with it and it's in your PC, not that big of a deal really.

I'm in no hurry but I'm about 98% sure I'm going to resubmit it. I did, however, remove the protective coating from the Mirror Red, Blue, and Gold (in sig) before submitting this month. Guess we'll see how well those do :)

Members online

Latest posts