Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grading and Xfractor lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
If it was a 10 surface and has a line, I believe it is bumped down to an 8.5. 9 If you're really lucky, but its very rare.

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
I'm not sure why 9.5 XFractor's do not carry a premium. Its really hard to get a good grade on those because of the surface lines. Even a 9 should carry a premium, especially with a 10 auto.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
I agree these should get a premium. Especially those that are only .5 away from a PRISTINE :D :D

picture.php

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Erich said:
What will a Xfractor line knock a surface grade to? If the rest of the surface is perfect what grade would you get?

You will know this answer on Monday when my grades hit......I did an experiment and sent in two perfect x-fractors.....one has a line the other does not. I will email you on monday.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
F-Topps said:
I'm not sure why 9.5 XFractor's do not carry a premium. Its really hard to get a good grade on those because of the surface lines. Even a 9 should carry a premium, especially with a 10 auto.

I must be mistaken, they do not carry a premium over raw?

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
They dont carry anymore of a premium over a graded base or refractor, and Ive noticed some cases where the X-Fractors had less of a premium over other graded parallels.
The point I was trying to make was that since they are so much harder to get high grades on, they should sell for more of a premium over the other graded parallels. The other parallel versions do not have the Xfractor lines which makes them easier to grade high.

EricInCT said:
F-Topps said:

I must be mistaken, they do not carry a premium over raw?

Members online

Latest posts