Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Great Article on Gallardo.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090514&content_id=4732856&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

When I first saw him pitch in his MLB debut I was struck by how composed Gallardo looked. As a 20 year old, he looked as if he'd been pitching in the majors for 10 years. He knew what to do out there. I've watched Hughes, Kershaw, Garza make their MLB debuts (thank you MLB.tv) and they really looked overmatched. They would dominate a couples hitters, then lose control. They all looked like 20-22 year old rookies.

Gallardo didn't. He commanded the ball, and consistently got guys out. He had fantastic stuff, had his emotions totally under control. He covered the bases when he was supposed to. He knew what pitch to throw as each new situation presented itself. When a teammate made an error, he got better, he didn't let frustration take over. He knew how to pitch at age 20.

He has all the stuff need to dominate. Low-mid 90's fastball, dynamic curve, and a GREAT change up. But most importantly he has command. Not just control, not decent command, he has command. Command of the ball, command of the game, and command of himself.

He's going to be good for a long time.

-Josh

Edit: Gallardo was 21 when he made his debut. My apologies for the error.

Members online

Latest posts