Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any Card Shows around Chicago this weekend? OR new shops?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
There is one or two listed in beckett that are brutal..

Is there any others out there this weekend that aren't listed?

The wifey is heading out of town and am looking for something do this morning or tommorow morning.

I would also love to find a new shop to check out. The only ones I ever go to are in Naperville. Anything good out by St. Charles?

thanks

skrip

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
chashawk said:
There is a shop in McHenry that I frequent. Bit of a drive for you though.

What shows are going on besides Fred Copp in Schaumburg?

The fred copp show is the only one close that I know of....

Can you tell me about the shop in Mchenry?? How are the prices? Any prospects stuff?

thanks

skrip

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
I second the Naperville shop. Always has a ton of selection and the new stuff. Prices are a little bit on the higher end, but I guess that's the way they need to make their money. Probably going to head up there later on today or tomorrow.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
chisox2008 said:
I second the Naperville shop. Always has a ton of selection and the new stuff. Prices are a little bit on the higher end, but I guess that's the way they need to make their money. Probably going to head up there later on today or tomorrow.

Yeah, I have been buying from him for over 15 years, I went to school with his son.....

But I would love to take a new adventure and see what is out there...

Anyone else?

skrip

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Hey Skrip,

The shop is called
Dreams and Heroes Sports
2022 South IL Rte 31
McHenry, IL 60050
(815) 385-5028

The owners name is Dave. He is a really nice guy and loves to BS about cards and sports.
His wax prices are pretty average. He also sells singles in the store and on eBay, so he sets his prices realistically on most things. He also has a ton of bats, balls, jerseys, 8x10's. He just moved into a smaller shop, but it's well organized and he has tables and chairs to sit down and go through the singles boxes.

Saturday is usually one of the better days to go, as he is only open 3-4 days a week and most guys stop in on Saturday afternoon. He should have boxes of all the latest releases and he usually has a lot of local team items out in the cases. If you are looking for something else though, just ask as he busts a lot of wax and may have it listed on eBay at the time.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
chashawk said:
Hey Skrip,

The shop is called
Dreams and Heroes Sports
2022 South IL Rte 31
McHenry, IL 60050
(815) 385-5028
The owners name is Dave. He is a really nice guy and loves to BS about cards and sports.
His wax prices are pretty average. He also sells singles in the store and on eBay, so he sets his prices realistically on most things. He also has a ton of bats, balls, jerseys, 8x10's. He just moved into a smaller shop, but it's well organized and he has tables and chairs to sit down and go through the singles boxes.

Saturday is usually one of the better days to go, as he is only open 3-4 days a week and most guys stop in on Saturday afternoon. He should have boxes of all the latest releases and he usually has a lot of local team items out in the cases. If you are looking for something else though, just ask as he busts a lot of wax and may have it listed on eBay at the time.

Thanks for the help...

Has anyone been to any of these???? I need to check them out at some point

SHOEBOX MEMORABILIA
345 N Mclean Blvd Ste Bi
South Elgin, Illinois 60177

R & R SPORTS COLLECTIBLES
458 Gloria Ln
Oswego, Illinois 60543

LOMBARD SPORTS CARDS
10 S Park Ave
Lombard, Illinois 60148

MOMENTS IN SPORTS