Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay ending times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Good morning. Looking for some thoughts about ending days on auctions. I typically have auctions ending on Sunday evening. Well, next weekend is Memorial weekend and I don't think it is a smart idea to end on next Sunday night.

Do you suggest I just suck it up and wait to list my auctions for the following weekend (after memorial weekend) or can you think of a decent night to end such as Thursday of this upcoming week? Any comments appreciated.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i really believe it no longer matters for the most part when stuff ends, everyone snipes now anyway.
as long as card gets 5 or 7 days exposure, snipes will always be set. i sell a ton of stuff, and have experimented with almost every possible ending time and in the last few years have noticed no difference in price when stuff ends at different times.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
That's good to know. In that case, I think I will try my auctions ending on Wednesday night and have them at least start through the weekend. Thanks for the tip.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
For some reason, I've always done best with ending Tues. nites. Probably because people either have $$$ left from the weekend or are close enough to Friday to feel comfortable spending it.

Either way, Tuesday nites get my vote.

And, if anyone sells comics, ALWAYS Thursday nite. Just in case anyone cares.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I really don't think it matters that much anymore. However, I would say that time of day is more important than the day of the week. Don't end things in the morning or during the early work day.

Members online