Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need some help with this idea:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
I am trying to think of a way to display all these in one display:

P1000800.jpg

GUBAT.jpg

bATTINGGLOVE.jpg

BALL.jpg

20042.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Anybody have any ideas on how I be able to do this? A custom size shadow box maybe?? Let me know your ideas!

-John

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
I'd say go with a custom display, but I don't know how. On a side note, whereabout in Illiana are you? I'm way down in the Evansville Indiana area.

Anthony

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
My dream is to one day own a complete game used Frank Thomas uniform, cleats, cap, bat, batting helmet, glove, batting gloves, sweat band...the whole nine...

Anyway, once I've completed this, it is my goal to make a custom display with a mannequin, in a large glass display, wearing the memorabilia. If I get really ambitious, I may sculpt a model Frank head, but I don't mind using a storefront mannequin.

If you wanted to do a smaller scale version, they make head and hand forms that can be used to display the hat and glove and make them look filled out.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
BunchOBull said:
My dream is to one day own a complete game used Frank Thomas uniform, cleats, cap, bat, batting helmet, glove, batting gloves, sweat band...the whole nine...

Anyway, once I've completed this, it is my goal to make a custom display with a mannequin, in a large glass display, wearing the memorabilia. If I get really ambitious, I may sculpt a model Frank head, but I don't mind using a storefront mannequin.

If you wanted to do a smaller scale version, they make head and hand forms that can be used to display the hat and glove and make them look filled out.
That's what I was thinking, would look sick.

Actually I think Zambrano38 has a couple Mannequins that he has GU jerseys on! [They look like Z, too!]

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
scotty21690 said:
BunchOBull said:

That's what I was thinking, would look sick.

Actually I think Zambrano38 has a couple Mannequins that he has GU jerseys on! [They look like Z, too!]

Nah that's my punching bag that I like to put GU jerseys on for pictures. However, I am about to land a couple more Z game used items (batting glove and belt). Then I will only need a fielding glove and a pair of pants to have the complete Z game used uniform (jersey, bat, cleats, socks, jacket, batting helmet, hat, undershirt, batting glove, belt, pants, and fielding glove).

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
I never thought of the idea to use a mannequin... That might actually work. Where do they sell mannequins? Is there a place online you can buy them at?

aminors: I live on the state line right by Terre Haute, IN.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
stlalways94 said:
I am trying to think of a way to display all these in one display:

P1000800.jpg

GUBAT.jpg

bATTINGGLOVE.jpg

BALL.jpg

20042.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Anybody have any ideas on how I be able to do this? A custom size shadow box maybe?? Let me know your ideas!

-John

I say, put all the stuff on a mannequin, attach the bat to it's hands and have the ball hanging from the ceiling as if it's about to be hit.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
No clue how to display it, but I have that same signed photo on my wall. Just curious, what did you pay for it?

Members online

Latest posts