Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UPDATE - BS Bowman Chrome Draft Inoa Replacement Package!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
I contacted Topps and asked for an exchange of my (4) Bowman Chrome Draft Michael Inoa Auto redemptions. I was told I would randomly receive cards of equal value. I get my package today and guess what crap came inside? (2) Bowman Chrome Draft Ike Davis autos & (2) Bowman Chrome Draft Zach Collier autos. The letter that came with it clearly states in black & white "replacement equal in value to the original redemption".

Sorry if I'm sounding too picky but if they're going to send a letter with words of promise then they should own up to it. So I wrote them an email with the scan of the cards they sent (which weren't even taped at the top of the top loader) & their BS letter and will wait to hear from them this week. I'll keep you all updated.

ToppsInoaReplacements.jpg

UPDATE#2http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/posting.php?mode=edit&f=2&p=584190

So I received a crushed up bubble mailer directly from Duryea, PA. The replacement to the "replacements" of my original Bowman Chrome Michael Ynoa auto RC finally arrived today. Here it is. I'm not happy since its not Bowman Chrome BUT it the card value is fair for what they're intentions were. To be completely honest, at first I didn't even know what kind of card it was or if it was a parallel.

TURKEY_CANO.jpg

Allen

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Re: BS Bowman Chrome Draft Inoa Replacement Package!!!

I also wrote this in the email..." If you're not going to replace with something that's of equal value then its your job to step up as a company and replace them with something of slightly more value and not something that's worth far less".

I'm not talking about something that's $60 but if there's a card around $35 or so I think a company like Topps should honor their words. UGH! This just annoys the hell out of me. Its as if the CS department is run by a bunch of orangetans.

Allen

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

Wonder what Razor would have done in this situation...hmm....

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008

Based on this, (however I didn't expect any different from Topps) I would rather hold onto my redemptions until all efforts have been full exhausted by Topps.

A_Pharis

Topps doesn't let eBay dictate value. They value cards by a formula (stars, RCs, star RCs, etc). They can't help what you pay for redemptions, and that could be solved by not buying them and just selling the ones you pull.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL

Jaypers said:

When I sent my Razor Metal Gold Brett Wallace in (the one with a hole in it) I was told by other collectors that Brian would just issue a refund if the card wasn't available. In my case Angela at Razor sent a mint copy right away in exchange for the damaged one.

I HIGHLY DOUBT Topps has exhausted all of their 2008 Bowman Chrome Draft auto stock. I wasn't expecting to get Mike Stanton back in return but maybe Josh Reddick since he's $30. Or they could have stepped up to the plate and sent (2) cards that were $60 each in exchange for my (4) $30 Inoa cards (in the case that they ran out of Reddick or anyone else that was $30). Either way they've got a bunch of monkeys working in the CS department who could care less. In a way, I don't blame them as I'd be pretty bored and annoyed getting calls and emails ALL DAY LONG from customers like me :D . Maybe one day they'll just run a muck and go postal on everyone.

Allen

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL

A_Pharis said:
Topps doesn't let eBay dictate value. They value cards by a formula (stars, RCs, star RCs, etc). They can't help what you pay for redemptions, and that could be solved by not buying them and just selling the ones you pull.

BUT...the letter clearly states that they would replace the Inoa redemptions for cards of EQUAL BOOK VALUE. Also, in this particular case we're dealing with just star RCs since its within the prospect auto checklist.

Allen

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

A_Pharis said:

It's really just too bad that they can't pull their heads out of the sand and stop acting completely clueless about this. Honestly, it is their fault that they didn't get the player to sign when they put out a product, so not only does the customer receive a redemption instead of an actual card, but then they act like every card they ever make is worth exactly the same.

It takes two seconds to open ebay and search for completed listings of these cards. They're not idiots, they're just blatantly screwing their supportive customers.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008

Jaypers said:

Upperdeck usually redeems thier redemption's, don't they? :lol:

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.

I am going to Penn. if I don't get my Flores Orange. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

At least they didn't send you a Fredrickson, Hand, and/or Adams.That's why I'm holding my Flores redemption until Topps finally gets him to sign (like Frazier and Detwiler the year before).

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL

SINFULONE said:
At least they didn't send you a Fredrickson, Hand, and/or Adams.That's why I'm holding my Flores redemption until Topps finally gets him to sign (like Frazier and Detwiler the year before).

I would have run a muck if I saw f-ing Adams. I didn't need the Inoa autos since I'm not that big on the kid. I could be wrong but I DON'T BELIEVE IN THE HYPE.

Allen

Uofo2212

Aug 8, 2008

"Upperdeck usually redeems thier redemption's, don't they"?

Line of the week, right there....... :lol:

Members online

Latest posts