Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2 Pitches in, Lackey Tossed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
Threw behind Kinsler on the 1st pitch, hit him on the 2nd pitch. Ump tossed him, Loux is going to replace him. So much for a comeback start today for Lackey.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Did they look intentional? Or were they "i cant help it i got no control" kind of tosses?

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
I can't help but to assume they were just no control pitches. Are the umps going to be power happy ever since Bobby Jenks said what he did?

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Honestly, the first one looked intentional, but I dont know about the hit by pitch it looked like it just rode in.. I just dont know how you throw him out, he shouldve warned him. Its not like the Rangers threw at someone in the first either..

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
Warren's All Stars said:
Did they look intentional? Or were they "i cant help it i got no control" kind of tosses?
It looked intentional, but the game was under a 1 hour rain delay, so that could've affected his control. Also, no warning was issued.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
~
At least he didn't allow a hit or run his first outing back from injury.

Pretty impressive..

~

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
Y4NK335 said:
~

Pretty impressive..

~
Actually, he allowed a run. Kinsler stole 2nd, advanced to 3rd on a pop out, and scored on a sacrifice fly.

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
This could've been the reason he threw at a Rangers batter, I read this last night

Posted on a bulletin board in the Angels' clubhouse Friday was a Dallas Morning News story in which Rangers outfielder Marlon Byrd was quoted as saying that Angels ace John Lackey "better bring his 'A' game" today.

As if Lackey was going to bring his 'B' game?

"I've got nothing to say about that," said Lackey, who will make his 2009 debut after missing the first six weeks of the season because of a forearm strain.

-LA Times

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
bigalexx said:
Y4NK335 said:
~

Pretty impressive..

~
Actually, he allowed a run. Kinsler stole 2nd, advanced to 3rd on a pop out, and scored on a sacrifice fly.

Man, that's tough.

Members online

Latest posts