Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looks like I am about to get a neg, regardless of what I do.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0334962458

I sold three of these to this guy.

here are the emails...

Not a happy camper. Two of three cards I received had chipped cases either because they were already that way and not disclosed or they were banged up becasue of the way you shipped them. Either way, we need to discuss how you want to address this shortcoming. It costs $5 to re-case them from Becketts not to mention the $13 it costs for shipping,handling and insurance that BECKETTS mandates. Plus my cost to ship there (another $3). PLEASE RESPOND.

me
Can you scan the damage and send it to me please?

him
I don't have a scanner. I took pictures but none of them show the damage adequately. I'm not a professional photographer.

At this point, I would prefer to just send them back for a refund. I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of sending them back to Beckett etc.

me
I cannot issue any refund until I see the damage

You do understand where it would be logical for me to think that this is buyers remorse, as zimmermans streak has ended.

I am sure a scanner would show the damage, you do not need to be a professional photographer to capture the damage.

him
Buyers remorse? Not even close. In fact, I just bought ANOTHER one TODAY!. I'll forward the paypal receipt as proof. And let me repeat, I DON'T HAVE A SCANNER.

Your accusations are really offensive.

Clearly you don't want to address this so I'll just go ahead, send them back, file a claim with PayPal. And of course leave negative feedback.

Have a nice evening.

me
They aren't accusations.

Only standard procedure.

then he sends me the reciept where he bought another one

me
i still need to see the damage before I can work with you on this.

Asking for an image of the damage is very reasonable, and something that any seller would ask for.

him
When you get the returned cards you can see the damage for yourself. I took about 20 pictures and can't get an adequate picture. I'm sending them back.

By the way, I also sell. If someone has a problem I don't put them through these ******** hoops.

me

it is very easy to get a scan. VERY easy

It isn't a hoop you have to jump through at all. If I can see the damage, I can do something about this.

Tell me, how would you handle this?

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
I am not sure what I would do, but I would have thought the exact same thing as you did. The streak ended, and he no longer wanted them (even though Zimmerman is still hitting the ball very well) Also I am not a big graded fan, but whats the problem if the bgs case has a ding? After all, isn't it just the case? Isnt the point of grading the card for the grade of the card, and not the case that its presented in?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
stevezimmer22 said:
I am not sure what I would do, but I would have thought the exact same thing as you did. The streak ended, and he no longer wanted them (even though Zimmerman is still hitting the ball very well) Also I am not a big graded fan, but whats the problem if the bgs case has a ding? After all, isn't it just the case? Isnt the point of grading the card for the grade of the card, and not the case that its presented in?

I can't even tell what kind of damage he is talking about. He didn't even describe the damage.

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
If it were me I'd just have him ship the cards back and refund him the money. I wouldn't want to take my first negative over $35 dollars(x3, I know). How much would you be out, really. Put them back up and with Zimmerman still playing well I'm sure it wouldn't be more then 20-25 bucks total. Again, just what I'd do.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Not much U can do for now. Either take the Neg or offer the buyer something special in return for positive. If U have many good transaction 1 negative will not hurt. The only thing is ebay give special deal to seller when they have good score so U may miss out on promotion coupon.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Ouch, sounds like you are in a tough position. Nothing much you can do now (other than wait for the cards to come back), maybe you shouldn't have mentioned the buyers remorse to him? Sounds like that really pissed him off.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
That sucks Chris, but I rarely look at feedback anymore from the seller in terms of negatives/positives. I look more at how the shipping is and how the items arrive to other buyers.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
He sounds like a real d-bag. I just went through a similar situation. Buyer said slab was cracked a bit and requested $20 for reslabbing. I asked to see the damage, he said he would scan it and send pics. Three days went by no pics, so I thought he was just trying to scam $20 out of me. But then he sent the scans, he was right (f-in post office!!!), I refunded $20 and we both left positive feedback. Long story long, you are totally within your rights, let him leave a neg and just make sure you respond to it in your feedback. Good luck.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
him
I don't have a scanner. Decline all you want. I'll send them back with delivery confirmation, show proof to paypal and they'll refund the money. Please continue to play your games.

me
i have played no games with you, nor have I been rude to you.

You are mad at me because you say the post office damaged your item because I packed it poorly correct?

If I am to believe this, then I need to see an image. Looking at your auctions you have the ability to provide this.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
cgilmo said:
him
I don't have a scanner. Decline all you want. I'll send them back with delivery confirmation, show proof to paypal and they'll refund the money. Please continue to play your games.

me
i have played no games with you, nor have I been rude to you.

You are mad at me because you say the post office damaged your item because I packed it poorly correct?

If I am to believe this, then I need to see an image. Looking at your auctions you have the ability to provide this.

Yea I just looked at his auctions too, and it is clear he could easily get pics that show the damage.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Chris I'm with you on the thought that he's pulling some shish, BUT, he's going to get refunded through Paypal whether you decline it or not (I can guarantee you that Paypal will side with him if he shows them DC of a "package" that was sent to you- so you probably need to video openning the package as it very well could be "just an empty package" once it arrives...& then he gets the PP refund & the card's)! :| :x

Members online

Latest posts