Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HUGE Card Shop Pickup - 90's inserts, RC's - SCAN HEAVY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I found a great shop that had a ton of awesome stuff for very reasonable prices. I literally spent 6+ hours going through their thousand count boxes and picked up the following. All told, I dropped $425 and have already sold the Jeter and Griffey Refractor's for almost $200 combined. Enjoy the scans and player collectors, if you see anything you like feel free to pm me!

Albert Pujols:
AlbertPujols.jpg

Alex Rodriguez:
Arod992000.jpg
ArodYankees.jpg
Arod1997.jpg
Arod2001.jpg

Barry Bonds:
BondsMisc.jpg

BarryBonds.jpg

Bobby Abreu (I paid a total of $0.70 for these!):
Abreu1.jpg

Abreu2.jpg

Cal Ripken Jr. (Anyone know anything about the dirt card?):
Ripkens.jpg

Chipper Jones:
ChipperJones.jpg

Derek Jeter:
JeterUD3100.jpg

Jeter1.jpg

Jeter2.jpg

Jeter4.jpg

Jeter5.jpg

Jeter3.jpg

Don Mattingly:
DonMattingly.jpg

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Rest of them...

Greg Maddux:
Maddux2.jpg

Maddux1.jpg

MadduxTek2.jpg

MadduxTek.jpg

Ken Griffey Jr.:
GriffeyRandom2.jpg

GriffeyRandom3.jpg

Griffey97.jpg

GriffeyRefractors.jpg

Griffey98.jpg

Griffeyother.jpg

Griffey94-96.jpg

GriffeyRandom4.jpg

Manny Ramirez:
MannyRamirez.jpg

Mark McGwire:
McGwireCardinals.jpg

1987BarryCollaPhotoSetof10.jpg

1988McGwires.jpg

97McGwires.jpg

McGwireThunder.jpg

Mike Piazza:
PiazzaLot.jpg

Prince Fielder:
PiazzaLot.jpg

Tony Gwynn:
Gwynn.jpg

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
NIce stuff!!!! I dont know a whole lot about 90's inserts, but they look awesome and it seem very reasonable. I like the Arod rookies! What is that manny gold rookie worth and what did you pay?

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
stevezimmer22 said:
NIce stuff!!!! I dont know a whole lot about 90's inserts, but they look awesome and it seem very reasonable. I like the Arod rookies! What is that manny gold rookie worth and what did you pay?

Manny Gold was something I had never seen before, and I was charged a whopping $0.05. It's technically not a RC as it's a 94, but definitely very collectible. I know the Arod is worth a whole heckuva lot so I would think that the Manny has to fetch some decent coin.

mmorgan

Aug 11, 2008
CT
That is a really nice haul! I bet that 6+ hours flew by. It is amazing how many nice inserts there were back in the 90's and it’s too bad that scan’s never seem to do them justice.

That Gwynn patch is an amazing piece! :eek:

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I have the Diamond dust Cal ripken card. This was a redemption in a 96 fleer ultra product I believe. I thought they would be more expensive then it really is. I think they sell about 30.00

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
BunchOBull said:
Heck of a nice haul.

The Ripken dirt card is from 1996 Ultra...it was a redemption if I remember correctly.

Yes it was. There are 2 variations.

1996 Ultra DD1 Cal Ripken Diam.Dust/2131 $20.00 $50.00
1996 Ultra DD2 Cal Ripken Diam.Dust $10.00 $25.00

The reg. card regularly sells $8-$21.

Are any of the Ripken Cards available? I could use a couple of them.
PM if so. THanks.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Whoa that's a boatload of sweet stuff! I'd love to deal for some of it but don't have the time and patience at the moment.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
this shop happen to have any 90's Canseco inserts? there are still a bunch I need from 1996-up an with the kind of selection you seem to have picked up I wouldnt doubt they had some of them mixed in as well.

HawaiianLance

Aug 7, 2008
BunchOBull said:
The Ripken dirt card is from 1996 Ultra...it was a redemption if I remember correctly.

It was actually a direct mail-order item. If anyone has a Tuff Stuff from back then (circa 1996-97) in several of the issues you can see the advertising campaign/solicitation.

Heh. Kinda thought it was gross given how much spit goes into that dirt. But with the advent of "dna" cards, maybe it's value is actually underestimated. :lol:

Latest posts