Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CRACKING OPEN A PSA CASE- SURGERY WENT SMOOTH. THANKS GUYS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alright guys, im gonna bust out my Longo Blue PSA 9. Im gonna roll the dice and send it in to BGS. I need the best way how to crack it open. I have heard a screwdriver in the top part of the label. All help and past experiences is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

JUST GOT OUT OF SURGERY. IT WAS SUCESS!!! :) . Used the screwdriver driven in the top and went along all sides. Card is on it's way to BGS tomorrow.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Re: CRACKING OPEN A PSA CASE- HELP AND HOW TO DO IT

Big Mac McGwire said:
alright guys, im gonna bust out my Longo Blue PSA 9. Im gonna roll the dice and send it in to BGS. I need the best way how to crack it open. I have heard a screwdriver in the top part of the label. All help and past experiences is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

Please don't let me know if it gets a BGS 9.5. I may end up shooting myself ;)

To crack open, take some pliers and grip on a corner until it breaks off. Then put a flathead screwdriver in the opening and pry open. Be very, very careful that:

A.) You don't nick the card.
B.) None of the debris comes off and hits you in the eye (I'm very serious.. it comes off EXTREMELY fast).

A_Pharis

Re: CRACKING OPEN A PSA CASE- I NEED HELP AND HOW TO DO IT

If you have any bolt cutters, I'd suggest using those to snip off the top two corners. Bolt cutters usually go through those things like a warm knife through butter. Then SLOWLY run a flathead screwdriver a couple of inches down the case lengthwise until it start to give. I wouldn't just pry on it in case the screwdriver slips.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX

After I snip the top corner off with lineman's pliers, I make sure none of the sharp shards of plastic are remaining on the slab before I pry with a flathead. Go SLOW! And make sure the slab is sitting on a flat surface when you start prying.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008

Aim carefully.

gun.jpg

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

I find a utility running along the edge works wonders, without any risk of shards, snapping, etc.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

Ive done this alot with slabs. Use pliers and break off the top corner insert a flat screwdriver and open it like a clam shell. Some open easier then others. It is quite simple. The one thing I do that other probably dont is I put the slab in a graded sleeve. It keeps the debris from flying around the house. **** hurts when you step on the debris.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008

200lbhockeyplayer said:
I find a utility running along the edge works wonders, without any risk of shards, snapping, etc.
+1

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008

Good luck to you. I sent a card to BGS a few years ago that came back did not meet minium requirement. Sold the card on ebay, buyer sent to psa and it gets a 10

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East

Oh man, don't do it. Card looks amazing in PSA 9 holder. Nothing wrong with that.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008

I'd suggest cracking all 4 corners.

Can't you just send it to BGS in the PSA holder?

sportscardtheory said:
With a hammer, I gently tap a small chisel into the top and simply twist it when it's about a half an inch in.

JUST GOT OUT OF SURGERY. IT WAS SUCESS!!! . Used the screwdriver driven in the top and went along all sides. Card is on it's way to BGS tomorrow.

THanks to all . All the input helped!!

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008

Big Mac McGwire said:
sportscardtheory said:
With a hammer, I gently tap a small chisel into the top and simply twist it when it's about a half an inch in.

JUST GOT OUT OF SURGERY. IT WAS SUCESS!!! . Used the screwdriver driven in the top and went along all sides. Card is on it's way to BGS tomorrow.

THanks to all . All the input helped!!

Good luck, man. Here's to BGS 10!