Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts on Nolan Fontana and Jeff Malm from Team USA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Malm is a very good hitter. He hits for both average and power. He ended up hitting around .600 with 16 HR I believe. He is also a very good defender at first. He plays in the same conference as me, so I've got to see him many times. He is very balanced at the plate and is rarely fooled by pitches. He isnt one to strike out a ton. I truly believe he will be a successful ballplayer whether he decides to go pro or go to college.

RandomH

Jose Reyes Collector said:
Malm is a very good hitter. He hits for both average and power. He ended up hitting around .600 with 16 HR I believe. He is also a very good defender at first. He plays in the same conference as me, so I've got to see him many times. He is very balanced at the plate and is rarely fooled by pitches. He isnt one to strike out a ton. I truly believe he will be a successful ballplayer whether he decides to go pro or go to college.
Sweet thanks.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
There is probably about a 99.9% chance that Fontana ends up at Florida as his tools at this point just don't play up to be anything to make teams go too high on him in the draft. He's a solid defender with good actions but he is stuck between SS and 2B - if he ends up at 2B the bat needs to develop a lot more in the next few years.
Malm has been one of the most prolific HS hitters over the past 3 years, and he figures to be a supplemental to 3rd round pick at this point. Could end up being a Lars Anderson, Hunter Morris type bat that doesn't go super high but has a chance to develop into something fairly special.

RandomH

jlecates said:
There is probably about a 99.9% chance that Fontana ends up at Florida as his tools at this point just don't play up to be anything to make teams go too high on him in the draft. He's a solid defender with good actions but he is stuck between SS and 2B - if he ends up at 2B the bat needs to develop a lot more in the next few years.
Malm has been one of the most prolific HS hitters over the past 3 years, and he figures to be a supplemental to 3rd round pick at this point. Could end up being a Lars Anderson, Hunter Morris type bat that doesn't go super high but has a chance to develop into something fairly special.
Thanks!

Members online