Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this necessary??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I understand the guy is trying to hype his card but, is putting a players career bio necessary??

[ebay:2u3tc5a6]150345703156[/ebay:2u3tc5a6]

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I've never understood this type of stuff. If people are searching for that player they know who it is and what they have done.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Tomlinson21RB said:
I've never understood this type of stuff. If people are searching for that player they know who it is and what they have done.

Exactly my opinion. Thanked for typing it so I didn't have to.

Anthony

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
It is a really cheap way of keyword spamming an auction. If anyone searches in the description for any of the players, teams, ect in that article his card will pop up.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
i43770 said:
It is a really cheap way of keyword spamming an auction. If anyone searches in the description for any of the players, teams, ect in that article his card will pop up.

+1 :D

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
Meh, the guy paid for the space on ebay, so I wouldn't have a problem if he said he likes to watch donkey shows in the description.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
The way I see it, why not?

You pay for the auction, and I don't think it can hurt you as a seller to include some information about the player. Maybe a potential buyer starts reading and gets hooked and reads the whole thing and decides to themselves "wow, what a great player...I better bid on this card!"

Might sound ridiculous, but if this happens just ONE time, then it's worth it for the seller to include this information.

So once again, why not?

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
"They" always say the more you have in the description the more it sells. This is a lazy way to have a big description. I think I've done similar when selling some celebrity 8x10s a few years ago. But I used IMDB instead

brokenliz1

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
The way I see it, why not?

You pay for the auction, and I don't think it can hurt you as a seller to include some information about the player. Maybe a potential buyer starts reading and gets hooked and reads the whole thing and decides to themselves "wow, what a great player...I better bid on this card!"

Might sound ridiculous, but if this happens just ONE time, then it's worth it for the seller to include this information.

So once again, why not?

That's my thought on it.It might or might not help the auction but I don't think it can hurt it.

Members online