Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Profile: Glenallen Hill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
I met Hill back in 1989 when he was a member of the Syracuse Chiefs. They had a lot of future big leaguers on that team: Manny Lee, Nelson Liriano, Todd Stottlemyre, Rob Ducey, Pat Borders, and Alex Infante, just to name a few. It was a rain delay, and that was usually a good time for me to get autographs from the players in the clubhouse. Hill was one of the nicer guys, and I always liked to get single signed baseballs of the players I liked. When I handed him the ball, he starting teasing around, asking why anyone would ever want his autograph. He chose to sign the ball Llih Nellanelg (Glenallen Hill backwards) so that I "would never be able to sell it." I have it with my collection of signed balls at work. If I remember, I'll bring it home today and scan it.

David

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Hill is still manning the first base coach position for the Rockies. You mention the coach in the Rockies system who was killed by a line drive, but I believe Hill himself was actually hit by a line drive as well, ending up with a broken arm.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Mighty Bombjack said:
Hill is still manning the first base coach position for the Rockies. You mention the coach in the Rockies system who was killed by a line drive, but I believe Hill himself was actually hit by a line drive as well, ending up with a broken arm.

I don't know that it broke his arm, but he was hit by a foul ball almost at the same time as Coolbaugh.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i always remember the story with him and the spiders.
he did'nt like spiders :)

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Glenallen HIll hit one down one of the side streets in Left Field. They have a marking on the Street where it landed... I can't imagine hitting a ball that far......

skrip

Members online

Latest posts