Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BIN/BO Advice Requested

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
I currently have a card up with a BIN/BO, and have received an offer that would more than double my investment. Listing ends tomorrow evening and the offer is good through then.

I've never sold anything BIN/BO before so I'm curious if I should accept the offer now or wait a bit and see if a better one is made. It's a five day listing and the only other offer made was for basically what I paid for it, so I don't want the good offer to be withdrawn.

Thoughts? Advice? Beatings?

Craig

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
You have no reason to accept it now. Just ride it out, but understand that the Best Offer expires when the auction expires. I don't think buyers can "withdraw" their Best Offer by the way, although I may be mistaken.

Therefore, give it until just before it ends...that you you truly know it was the best offer.

lvdan

Aug 25, 2008
I would wait till an hour or so before it expires to accept it. HOWEVER, if there is any chance you'll be out or away from a computer at that time, accept it now. Brainfarts have cost me more than 1 decent sale. Maybe set an alarm on your watch or phone?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Craig - 21hawk said:
I currently have a card up with a BIN/BO, and have received an offer that would more than double my investment. Listing ends tomorrow evening and the offer is good through then.

I've never sold anything BIN/BO before so I'm curious if I should accept the offer now or wait a bit and see if a better one is made. It's a five day listing and the only other offer made was for basically what I paid for it, so I don't want the good offer to be withdrawn.

Thoughts? Advice? Beatings?

Craig
It makes all the difference in the world who is on the card actually.......is it a prospect who if he goes 3-5 tonight someone will hit the BIN tonight? Is it someone on the DL? You can wait if you don't need the cash....nothing says he will pay immediately anyways, but at least it gets the ball rolling......I have had offers linger that I forgot about and either they expired or the listing ended........I had a Derrick Rose card for $500 that the listing ended.....I only got 350 for it.

Good luck!

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
200lbhockeyplayer said:
You have no reason to accept it now. Just ride it out, but understand that the Best Offer expires when the auction expires. I don't think buyers can "withdraw" their Best Offer by the way, although I may be mistaken.

Therefore, give it until just before it ends...that you you truly know it was the best offer.

actually they can.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
If it doubles your investment, and you are happy with that, take it. I have been in a similar situation before, got greedy thinking I would get more, and forgot to accept the offer before it expired or the auction ended.

And, a buyer can withdraw an offer. It has happened to me before, and it sucks. So that is a chance as well, especially if the buyer who made the offer finds something else they want or find that card cheaper, etc.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
It's a Kevin Slowey UD Exquisite 1/1, so the offer came after his good start yesterday in NY. The last 1/1 from Exquisite that sold (other than the BIN that brought me this card) went for about $25 more than my current offer.

Craig

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
justinmandawg said:
Doubled investment = sold

Definitely planning on taking it, just trying to decide when.

Since they can withdraw (and I've been known to space on eBay things, which is why I set a snipe for all auctions I want), I'll probably accept it at lunch time.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Craig

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Craig - 21hawk said:
It's a Kevin Slowey UD Exquisite 1/1, so the offer came after his good start yesterday in NY. The last 1/1 from Exquisite that sold (other than the BIN that brought me this card) went for about $25 more than my current offer.

Craig

1/1 aren't what they used to be :lol:

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
EricInCT said:
Craig - 21hawk said:

Craig

1/1 aren't what they used to be :lol:

Indeed not.

I will do it Governor Schwarzkopf!

Heck, I'll even do it now.

Craig

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
Done.

I also need to thank Bo (flightposite) on this one. He saw the original BIN for this card at $39.99 and knew what the last one had sold for. He didn't think he had the time to profit on a flip, though, so he notified me.

I owe you a beer at a Twins game Bo!

Craig

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
People can and will retract offers. It has happened quite a few times to me.
I recently had a few Porcello 2008 Draft chrome BGS 9.5's listed. I listed them a few different times, each time I sold 1 of the cards listed. I had someone leave and then shortly after retract $20 offers on each one of my listings. Not that I would have accepted the offers, but I dont want to deal with someone who will end up filing a dispute if they have buyers remorse if their offer were accepted. I blocked the ID who retracted the offer on the first listing but when I listed the second slab I had the same thing happen. I guess it was the same guy with a secondary user ID...

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
justinmandawg said:
Doubled investment = sold

I know the auction is over but I just wanted to put in my two cents. Always take the best offer if you are satisfied with it. I've learned a lesson or two by not accepting when I should have. Greed got the best of me and potential buyers withdrew their offer. As the Steve Miller Band says, "Take the money and run".

By the way, nice flip. Congrats.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts