Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Most overvalued chrome auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I'll say it & people will probably "boo" about it since he's hot right now but- Longoria (WAY too high right now, I wouldn't touch his stuff at these price's as I seriously doubt there is much room for growth)! Just My Opinion folks! :D

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
HoustonTeams4Me said:
I'll say it & people will probably "boo" about it since he's hot right now but- Longoria (WAY too high right now, I wouldn't touch his stuff at these price's as I seriously doubt there is much room for growth)! Just My Opinion folks! :D

says the guy with zach grienke stuff in his sig

TraderJake

Aug 7, 2008
As great as Lars Anderson could be, I dont think his chromes should go for the price of Markakis or Zimmerman.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
numba1yankeefan said:
we did undervalued, how about overvalued?

havent checked prices recently but Jacoby Ellsbury i think sells way too high

Jacoby actually has a lot of die hard fans, that's what sells his. He's a player that people who are casual baseball fans will buy unlike many of the prospect. He isn't at all a prospect, he is the closest thing to a boyband member in Boston Sports. Every single female in MA is in love with Jacoby and some even buy his cards. Not too many people with chrome autographs you can say that they have appeal outside of diehard card collectors, Jacoby is one.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
beefycheddar said:
numba1yankeefan said:
we did undervalued, how about overvalued?

havent checked prices recently but Jacoby Ellsbury i think sells way too high

Jacoby actually has a lot of die hard fans, that's what sells his. He's a player that people who are casual baseball fans will buy unlike many of the prospect. He isn't at all a prospect, he is the closest thing to a boyband member in Boston Sports. Every single female in MA is in love with Jacoby and some even buy his cards. Not too many people with chrome autographs you can say that they have appeal outside of diehard card collectors, Jacoby is one.

add this male to the list

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
TraderJake said:
As great as Lars Anderson could be, I dont think his chromes should go for the price of Markakis or Zimmerman.

You forget that proven stars are worth far less than unproven prospects. You could make this comparison or a similar one for every prospect card.

this was the same kind of talk back in 03 and 04 and 05 and 06 about some card called the Pujols 01 chrome.....people kept talking and it kept propelling. Im pretty sure i saw a raw one go for 3k the other day on the bay. And yes RAW. That card could have been bad for 2400 last year in a BGS 9 when he wasn't doin his usual thing. And the print run on those is 500. So think about all the variations now that are out there, print runs of 150, 50,25 etc. Longoria is way high yes, but were talking about a star that is here to stay.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

says the guy with zach grienke stuff in his sig

Better now? :| I went ahead & changed it since I sold those already (& I just received my BGS9.5 M.Taylor Orange & Blue Ref's)! :D

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
this was the same kind of talk back in 03 and 04 and 05 and 06 about some card called the Pujols 01 chrome.....people kept talking and it kept propelling. Im pretty sure i saw a raw one go for 3k the other day on the bay. And yes RAW. That card could have been bad for 2400 last year in a BGS 9 when he wasn't doin his usual thing. And the print run on those is 500. So think about all the variations now that are out there, print runs of 150, 50,25 etc. Longoria is way high yes, but were talking about a star that is here to stay.

Sure he may be a star that is here to stay, but there are many star's who's card price's do not hold at peak (or supposed peak) value, & often times dip once the next "new" star comes along. Believe me I think Longoria is a great player & should continue to be, but I'm just not going to throw my hat in the ring that this guy is the next Pujols in our hobby; there have been way too many player's who's card's have got hot & then cold within a minute's notice (one thing that is already a minus is the market he plays for, as once his torrid pace slows down- & it will- he won't have a huge amount of "homer's" continuing to pour ridiculous amounts of $$ into him as if he were in NY or Boston). I understand if you disagree with my opinion, but please understand that your argument is also based on just that- an opinion. :D

Members online