Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Draft Tidbits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
The 1st two college arms that could maybe play a role for a playoff bound team this year is Drew Storen and Billy Bullock. I wouldn't be all surprised if the Rays take Bullock in the 1st round but Levon Washington also has the attributes the Rays love: speed. He could feature what both Gathright and Perez never displayed: power. Mike Minor or James Paxton should be the next group to make their debuts in 2009 in a small role due to their secondary offerings. Paxton may drop due to Scott Boras being his agent now.

Two preps that could play this years Jason Castro and really screw things up within the 1st 10 picks are Mike Trout, Tony Sanchez, Mike Leake and Wil Myers. Neither of the prep players will get past the D-Backs at # 16 and 17 but two Top 10 teams are seriously flirting with the idea of taking Myers.

Yankees have invited Slade Heathcott and Mike Trout to the weekend workout before the draft.

Matt Purke may be the Andrew Miller dropper of the draft after reports leaked that his asking price is 2.6 million. The Braves have zero interest in Tate and have soured on Zack Wheeler.

Baltimore main interest is Dustin Ackley.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The Rays NEED a catcher above all else.

I would love it if Stassi were still available, but I'd take Tony Sanchez if he wasn't.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
I'd be thrilled if the O's picked up Ackley!!
Personally, I think he's the best bat out there.

And 2.6mill isn't much to ask for Purke. He's the best HS arm. He wont drop.

Members online

Latest posts