Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Man, if only I had $1500 to piss away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Why is that jersey not pictured out of the case. Should be able to photomatch the pinstripes to game photos. Also I would want to see the tagging in the front of the jersey. That auction scream red flags. I'd request all kinds of pictures of that jersey before I'd even bid a dollar on it.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
matchpenalty said:
Why is that jersey not pictured out of the case. Should be able to photomatch the pinstripes to game photos. Also I would want to see the tagging in the front of the jersey. That auction scream red flags. I'd request all kinds of pictures of that jersey before I'd even bid a dollar on it.

Very sound advice matchpenalty, and I'd do the exact same thing if I got serious about it. I know Grace's jersey sizes and am familiar with his tagging. The guy's low feedback doesn't bother me, I bet he's some executive for some big company that got the jersey somehow. Just guessing. He says verification is easy, and is willing to provide more info. I'm pretty good at spotting red flag Grace items, but I have a gut feeling this one is legit. But like you say, more research would be necessary before proceeding.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
thefasterblade said:
Why does everyone always assume the worst.

You are obviously not familiar with the Game Used industry.

But I agree with the Grace collector. Usually jersey such as these are gifted out by the player, which most people getting them would not be large collectors. Therefore, not always huge sellers on ebay.

Jersey should be very easy to photo-match if you've got a picture. My thought is that it is very real and if I were the op, I would do whatever it took to get that jersey (knowing sometimes we just can't afford it).

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Why does guy say email me on how I can verify this jersey. Any legit seller would put anything and everything about this jersey to show it the real deal Holyfield in the auction for the world to see.

Also what season did Grace get hit 2,000?
All kinds of things look wrong on this jersey. Nameplate (looks crooked) /numbers look way too high ect.....

The seller low feedback and if this was a legit and proven jersey he wore getting his 2000th hit. It worth a lot more than this price. This auction SCREAMS RED FLAGS everywhere!!!!

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
I'm not an expert on this stuff, but I think it's fake. The numbers seem too high and spaced out.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
72377711.jpg

From the same season, for sure don't match up too well. Also need to remember that putting names and numbers on isn't an exact science, they can change considerably from jersey to jersey.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Well at least i wasnt the only on e to notice flags i just started with the 9 feeedback as number 1 however we could all be wrong if seller has the documents to back it up but still why not just post it to begin with

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I contacted seller. He says he is the son of the ex-owner of the Class AA West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx, who were a Cubs affiliate minor league team in 99. The team won their division, and lost in the Southern League championship game that season. The Cubs presented this jersey to the team owner for their appreciation of his job that season.

I still can't go for it, just too much money in this economy. Maybe if I had a few months to sell a few things.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Dude, go for it now and sell some stuff to get your money back! You need this man because this would be a thing that you will literally cherish forever! :D

matchpenalty said:
Numbers are off (way too small) n and G font is off. That isn't even close to a game used jersey.

Got to agree.

The letters look like a kid put them on. ::facepalm::
Why would Grace give up a "big" gamer for a team present?

My opinion its a commerative jersey signed to mark the occasion (if it was a gamer seller would show the tags).

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Out of curiosity, what does a real Mark Grace Cubs gamer sell for? I woulnd't mind having one in my collection.

Members online

Latest posts