Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

real or fake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Unless someone saw this sell in the past and it was different, Topps will be the only source that can give you a half way accurate answer. Those large patches are always disconcerting.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
It looks eerily similar to the one hive purchased where a super cool patch was simply placed or pasted on top of a plain single colored game worn jersey piece card. In this case, when the card is in hand, you can basically lift the indian head off of the jersey because it is not sewn on like it should be.

-miguelcabrera

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
I dunno...if I was selling this item and I knew it was legit, I'd be raving about it in the description.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
jet0002 said:
Pretty sure the 1/1s were all just jersey swatches and the patches were /10. Not positive though.

There are plenty of the 1/1's with legit patches. However, this does not appear to be one of them.
The seller has 100% feedback. Ask him and see if he responds.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
miguelcabrera said:
It looks eerily similar to the one hive purchased where a super cool patch was simply placed or pasted on top of a plain single colored game worn jersey piece card. In this case, when the card is in hand, you can basically lift the indian head off of the jersey because it is not sewn on like it should be.

-miguelcabrera
I was thinking the same thing.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I think it is probably legit. Here's another Alomar 1/1

The patch in question is bright and the border is white, so the stiching would be hard to see. I would simply ask him if the stiching is there on the white part of the patch.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Randy Shields said:
I think it is probably legit. Here's another Alomar 1/1

The patch in question is bright and the border is white, so the stiching would be hard to see. I would simply ask him if the stiching is there on the white part of the patch.

I'm almost 100% sure the one you just linked IS a fake.
User ID kept private is almost always a dead giveaway.

This is what the patches in most of the legit ones look like:

Crap14.jpg
Crap11.jpg
Crap1.jpg

ea6b_1.jpg
c05e_1.jpg
3399_1.jpg

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
MartinFFcollector said:
Unsure, but another card he is selling -- Fake Pujols -- appears to be fake from what I have learned on this issue.

(unsure how to 'clean up' my link)

Fixed it for ya ;) And yes, waaayyy fake. The 2001 Legacy autos are /300.
This one is the insert /799 with a fake auto. It's too bad there are so many uneducated collectors out there willing to bid on crap like this, which is why these dbags continue to thrive.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
110% fake.

Not even a shred of doubt.

Considering the seller, it's extremely doubtful that he faked it, but probably is playing a little game of "pass the victim."