Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Beltran S-U-C-K-S.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Carlos Beltran S-U-C-K-S.

maybe the rest of the baseball world will realize this, but Beltran is garbage when
it comes to anything important on the baseball field. All everyone sees are the end results.
his nickname is "Mr Softie" for a reason.

Flame On if you want, but as a Mets fan, ive had enough of Mr Softie.

Also keep in mind, that when he took the Mets money, The Mets were his THIRD team of choice.

Yankees
Astros
Mets

Thats a fact jack. I wish him nothing but grief and misery wherever he plays next.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
im not a fan of bashing players but i see what your saying, he really does stink it up in certain situations.

i was watching the game. Momentum stopped for the mets when that beautiful base running skill was shown by Ryan Church. Then they walked the leadoff batter. then the game was over. Don't blame beltran. Blame Church. Beltran has had many clutch at bats for them. He was the ONLY one of the big 3 that hit down the stretch. He also hit that 2 run dinger that tied the game on the last day of the season. I know you hate to hear it, But he is their BEST player.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
ThoseBackPages said:
Jose Reyes S-U-C-K-S.

maybe the rest of the baseball world will realize this, but Reyes is garbage when
it comes to anything important on the baseball field. All everyone sees are the end results.
He's hit .243 and .205 over the last 2 September collapses and only cares about his own stats.

Flame On if you want, but as a Mets fan, ive had enough of Reyes.

Also keep in mind, that he is the THIRD best SS in his division, with Escobar and even Christian Guzman (batting .328, .313, and .381 over the last 3 seasons) close behind at this point.

Hanley Ramirez
Jimmy Rollins
Jose Reyes

Thats a fact jack. I wish him nothing but grief and misery wherever he plays next.

Fixed it

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
JEA2880 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Jose Reyes S-U-C-K-S.

maybe the rest of the baseball world will realize this, but Reyes is garbage when
He's hit .243 and .205 over the last 2 September collapses and only cares about his own stats.

Also keep in mind, that he is the THIRD best SS in his division, with Andrus and even Christian Guzman (batting .328, .313, and .381 over the last 3 seasons) close behind at this point.

Hanley Ramirez
Jimmy Rollins
Jose Reyes

Fixed it
Andrus ain't in your division lol

reyes and beltran for alderson, sanchez, renteria, pablo?!

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
darocker80 said:
JEA2880 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Jose Reyes S-U-C-K-S.

Also keep in mind, that he is the THIRD best SS in his division, with Escobar and even Christian Guzman (batting .328, .313, and .381 over the last 3 seasons) close behind at this point.

Hanley Ramirez
Jimmy Rollins
Jose Reyes

Fixed it

Haha good call, I meant Yunel Escobar; for some reason I always mix those 2 up.

I'm not about to jump **** on Beltran, but I'll give you Reyes for Alderson and Sandoval. Looks like we're going to have a hole at 1B for a while anyway (I think he can play 1st, no?)!

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
JEA2880 said:
darocker80 said:
JEA2880 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Jose Reyes S-U-C-K-S.

Hanley Ramirez
Jimmy Rollins
Jose Reyes

Fixed it

I'm not about to jump shat on Beltran, but I'll give you Reyes for Alderson and Sandoval. Looks like we're going to have a hole at 1B for a while anyway (I think he can play 1st, no?)!
seems even to me, his attitude evens the deal lol

pablo is better suited for 1B even though he's holding his own and has made amazing plays at 3B

If Ishikawa continues to struggle, pablo will be moved to 1B and they'll bring up Guzman from AAA to play 3B

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
darocker80 said:
JEA2880 said:
darocker80 said:
JEA2880 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Jose Reyes S-U-C-K-S.

Hanley Ramirez
Jimmy Rollins
Jose Reyes

Fixed it

I'm not about to jump shat on Beltran, but I'll give you Reyes for Alderson and Sandoval. Looks like we're going to have a hole at 1B for a while anyway (I think he can play 1st, no?)!

pablo is better suited for 1B even though he's holding his own and has made amazing plays at 3B

If Ishikawa continues to struggle, pablo will be moved to 1B and they'll bring up Guzman from AAA to play 3B

I think we might even be able to do better than that on Reyes. He's still got a couple years left on an incredibly cheap contract and the rest of baseball is still under the impression that he's a great player. Maybe you can ship us Posey too!

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
JEA2880 said:
darocker80 said:
JEA2880 said:
darocker80 said:
JEA2880 said:
[quote="ThoseBackPages":278f3mwo]Jose Reyes S-U-C-K-S.

Hanley Ramirez
Jimmy Rollins
Jose Reyes

Fixed it

I think we might even be able to do better than that on Reyes. He's still got a couple years left on an incredibly cheap contract and the rest of baseball is still under the impression that he's a great player. Maybe you can ship us Posey too![/quote:278f3mwo]
not when bengie is gone next year.

we'll throw bengie in and you guys and can sign him like johan?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
soft-serve-cone_web.jpg

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
I loved on Sunday night's game where Steve Phillips was basically saying the same thing about Beltran. He was commenting on how for $17M/yr you wold expect that the player would be more clutch and more of a leader. Humorous to me that he was making the comments, but he was also the same guy who signed him. Guess that's why he's comemtating now and not signing players. :)

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
So Tatis going 0-5 and leaving 7 runners on had nothing to do with it......and Ryan Church's base running blunder(to say the least) also had nothing to do with it......and what about the 4 other errors committed by the Mets.......but no your right this was all Beltrans fault.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
DaleMurphyCollector said:
I loved on Sunday night's game where Steve Phillips was basically saying the same thing about Beltran. He was commenting on how for $17M/yr you wold expect that the player would be more clutch and more of a leader. Humorous to me that he was making the comments, but he was also the same guy who signed him. Guess that's why he's comemtating now and not signing players. :)

Phillips signed Mo Vaughn, Roberto Alomar, Pedro Astacio, Mike Bordick, Bobby Bonilla, Rickey Henderson, Kenny Rogers, and Jeromy Burnitz to fat contracts when they were all past their prime. He traded Jason Bay and tried to trade Jose Reyes. But he was fired in the 2003 season, and Beltran didn't sign until 2005. It sounds like something he would have done, but he didn't.

He did draft David Wright, though.

David

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
leatherman said:
DaleMurphyCollector said:

Phillips signed Mo Vaughn, Roberto Alomar, Pedro Astacio, Mike Bordick, Bobby Bonilla, Rickey Henderson, Kenny Rogers, and Jeromy Burnitz to fat contracts when they were all past their prime. He traded Jason Bay and tried to trade Jose Reyes. But he was fired in the 2003 season, and Beltran didn't sign until 2005. It sounds like something he would have done, but he didn't.

He did draft David Wright, though.

David

phillips was saying on sundays nights game how the mets wont win until they trade reyes. very interesting

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
thenumberonemetfan said:
So Tatis going 0-5 and leaving 7 runners on had nothing to do with it......and Ryan Church's base running blunder(to say the least) also had nothing to do with it......and what about the 4 other errors committed by the Mets.......but no your right this was all Beltrans fault.

No, not all his fault, but i guess im tired of him being heralded as a ball player that is better then he is.
He is good, but not as good as people THINK he is.

i understand that hes your favorite player and that its hard to hear it, but its true.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
ThoseBackPages said:
thenumberonemetfan said:

No, not all his fault, but i guess im tired of him being heralded as a ball player that is better then he is.
He is good, but not as good as people THINK he is.

i understand that hes your favorite player and that its hard to hear it, but its true.

The Mets just haven't been right since the 06 NLCS.

Adam Wainwright: Destroyer of Franchises..................and in the good way.

Members online

Latest posts