Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My FCG BGS Submission Experience....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Ok, well I finally received MOST of my cards today. Chris received the cards on May 1st or somewhere around that date. So I received mine 19 days after the fact. That is not really a big deal, but I think it should be stated to be fair.

Well I sent a personal check along with my 8 cards to get graded. After waiting 3 weeks or so, I PM'd Chris as to when he was going to cash the checks. He gave me a date and that date came and went. I pm'd him again asking when he was going to cash my check, he replies that he must have burned my check and that we would square up when he received the cards.

So he received the cards on May 1st, one of my cards (1996 Best Auto) was sent back stating that BGS no longer grades Best cards. This sounds like garbage as they graded Best cards a few months ago, now they don't? Chris was given no explanation. Chris was nice enough to let me not pay for this card. So I send a 2nd check to Chris for my cards and paypal the shipping fees.

Today I receive MOST of my cards and one of Fandruw25's cards. The card I am missing is a 1999 UD MVP Super Script #'d 25. The card is not in BGS's population report so now I have no clue where it is? Did Chris send it to someone else, was it lost while at BGS, was it lost before sending to BGS? Either way, I don't have the card and I am waiting to hear from Chris as to where it is at? The card I received from Fandruw25 is arguably one of the most expensive cards he had graded. It is a 1998 E-X Essentials Credentials Now #'d 18. Fortunatley for Fandruw25, we deal quite frequently and I am a honest person. He will be receiving his card back from me. But what if someone else not so honest had received his card? What if someone not so honest received my card?

I realize this was a huge submission and it was more than likely a lot of work. But losing(burning) people's checks, sending wrong cards, and possibly losing cards seems more than careless in my opinion. If someone is to take on such a responsibility I would have expected that they would be more organized that Chris has showed me to date. I really hope my lost card is found, but I am not hopeful and will likely be out $50 for a card that I may never see another copy of.

I hope this is something that does not get me banned, but I think you all deserve to hear a true story about my submission. At the very least, you will be aware of what could happen to you if you choose to submit cards with Chris in the future.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Sorry to hear that man. This situation sucks big time, and I think it would be a classless act to be banned for speaking your mind and the truth of what happened.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
That really sucks man I hope you’re able to track down your card. Chris did have a lot on his plate to get everything right I know that burning checks isn't acceptable but mistakes do happen and if this is the only one in the whole submission that was a mistake then it sounds like a good deal considering how many people/cards he had to deal with.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Wtf does "burned your check" mean? I doubt you're getting scammed here, just an unfortunate issue in such a massive order.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
Maybe Fandy has your card.......?????

We've been in contact and I was actually about to post something similiar until I heard back from him saying he had my card. We had joked that we'd get each others cards but didn't actually expect it to happen.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Update: I meant to mention I had already spoken to Fandruw25 via email, he did not receive my card.

I did however receive a PM from Chris that my card was NOT sent in with the initial order? According to Chris it was sent in with another order? Not sure how one of my cards were seperated from the others and sent in later, I didn't get any answer other than it was sent in with another order and Chris will send me the card free of charge. I am not sure why it took me to contact Chris to get this information? I would have assumed he would have contacted me once he realized it did not go out with the correct order.

So I guess there is some good news, but again this shows more issues with how unorganized this was.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
KandKCards said:
Wtf does "burned your check" mean? I doubt you're getting scammed here, just an unfortunate issue in such a massive order.

Stole my thunder, I'm not sure what that even means... please clarify

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Fandruw25 said:
miguelcabrera said:
Maybe Fandy has your card.......?????

We've been in contact and I was actually about to post something similiar until I heard back from him saying he had my card. We had joked that we'd get each others cards but didn't actually expect it to happen.

If I recall correctly, when Chris was giving people their grades when they asked for them, one of the andruw collectors kept asking for theirs and he kept giving the grades of the other andruw collectors cards, maybe he just mixed you guys up?

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
KandKCards said:

I am not saying I am getting scammed, but you would think that someone organizing such a huge order would not be losing or burning checks in a burn barrell. Btw, I am not the only one who had their check lost. So it is not just one mistake with the checks being misplaced/burned.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
JEA2880 said:
KandKCards said:

Stole my thunder, I'm not sure what that even means... please clarify

Actually you would have to get an answer from Chris to completely clarify. I assume he means he burns his trash and ended up trashing my check in error and it burned.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I will say this (in no way speaking on behalf of Chris), I don't think anyone expected the first FCB BGS submission to be as huge as it became. A 600+ card submission from a ton of different people is a serious headache and mistakes were bound to happen. Not Chris' fault, it just was expected with the huge turnout for this submission.

That said, Chris busted his tail for this to go off correctly and at a great discount for FCB members...and I'm sorry that there were some mistakes. I know I planned on sending some cards in the next submission and still plan to, but I'm sure there will be some changes in how it is done to make it easier and more reliable for everyone.

No doubt that he'll get you (and everyone else) straightened out.

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I will say this (in no way speaking on behalf of Chris), I don't think anyone expected the first FCB BGS submission to be as huge as it became. A 600+ card submission from a ton of different people is a serious headache and mistakes were bound to happen. Not Chris' fault, it just was expected with the huge turnout for this submission.

That said, Chris busted his tail for this to go off correctly and at a great discount for FCB members...and I'm sorry that there were some mistakes. I know I planned on sending some cards in the next submission and still plan to, but I'm sure there will be some changes in how it is done to make it easier and more reliable for everyone.

No doubt that he'll get you (and everyone else) straightened out.

As much as I do not want to I have to agree with 200lb.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Codasco07 said:
This is exactly why I would not send any cards of high value in these type of submissions.

Thats why i would never send anything very valuable either. Its nothing against Chris, its just when you have 50 people (or however many there were) all sending in multiples cards, you just know somethings gonna go awry.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
When I did the Oval Office breaks, small mistakes in the very beginning caused massive mistakes later on. It is a very difficult thing to create something as large as Chris did and not have issues. He put himself out there and took a bunch of responsibility that really did nothing for him. He had nothing to gain. What happens when you take on responsibility on here and gain nothing is it seems that people jump your **** when you screw up.

I'd tell Chris to not waste his time anymore doing it for others. If people don't want to take growing pains and a learning curve with a new experience then they can go ahead and put their cards in their own submissions at regular prices instead of the massive discounts they got through FCB.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
sigh

was there every really any need for this to be public?

There were a couple of gliches, and one is his andruw jones /25 card

its at bgs right now, it isn't lost

no cards are lost

at this point my reaction is simply "whatever"

all this "i hope this doesn't get me banned" talk irks me as well because I haven't banned anyone for speaking out, ever.

I have banned for trolling, never for someone complaining about me or a staff member.

as justin said, there is a learning curve here and the first time wasn't perfect. Please do not judge the FCB submissions on the first one. Lessons learned in this first submission have already been applied to the current one that we already have about 200 cards for. See the BGS Group sub forum at the bottom of the hobby talk section for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts