Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VERY IMPORTANT POLL - Help decide Miguelcabrera's board fate

Does Miggy get the card and leave the boards or does he stay empty handed?

• Miggy gets the card but can't post on the boards until Spetember

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
As many of you know our very own miguelcabrera is quite the polarizing figure on these boards and love him or hate him he affects us all on a daily basis. Some of you might also know that I enjoy being generous to our great members here on the FCB but I've grown frustrated with helping only one member at a time. With that in mind I think I came up with a way to possibly help many people with one very generous act.

I recently purchased a beautiful 2004 Leaf Limited 1/1 Threads Logo Patch card of one Miguel Cabrera, then with the Florida Marlins. This beautiful 1/1 would be a jewel in any collection and to the Miguel Cabrera fan it would be a monumental addition. But, I have a problem and need the help of our great members to figure it out. What do I do with the card and more importantly, what do we do with miguelcabrera? Here are the options:

A - I send this beautiful 1/1 masterpiece to miguelcabrera and in return he agrees to cease posting on the boards until September 20, 2009 at 9:38:23 eastern standard time.

B - I keep this gorgeous specimen of a card and treasure it like one of my own children and miguelcabrera keeps his posting privileges on this amazing institution we call the FCB!

It's a tough call and one that is sure to divide this board. Dare I say this could be a more heated debate than any presidential election in history and I fear the strain this could put on the mods might be unbearable.

I look at it as a win/win situation though and one in which I can help many people. If he leaves then many of our members will rejoice at not having to read (and thus complain about) his posts. If he stays then his ardent supporters and friends will rejoice at keeping their friend amongst their ranks. If he leaves I help many and if he stays I help many. If he leaves he gets a beautiful card and I'm able to cross another member off my list. If he stays I get arguably the greatest card my collection has ever known and I now become the Miguel Cabrera super collector.

You decide fellow Freedom Card Board members. It's going to be a gut-wrenching decision and one that will affect you all for months. Does his absence suddenly make for a boring and lifeless board experience? Or does his leaving lift a cloud that will make this the sunniest summer ever on the FCB? Will we finally be rid of such riveting posts as "what's a fair price for this", "holy cannoli", "brad hand superfractor on ebay" or my personal favorite "can corners get messed up in a one touch?" Or will we miss such jovial favorites as "chat room", "chat room", "chat room" or your favorite and mine, "slow night, chat."

You decide members and make your vote count!

CabreraMiguel04LeafA.jpg

CabreraMiguel04LeafB.jpg

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
Slick card, I have Victor's just like that...

That being said, is Gilmore going to IP ban him so he can't make a new account and just post using an alias?

Also, how 'bout a curveball: should said member decide to sell card, he gets permabanned...

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
How about option C: Send darocker80 a lincecum card :p

i'm just joking its no biggie you forgot (and if you did send, i guess its lost, but don't worry about).

Interesting poll, did you just think of this, I have not voted and wanted to see some results first. Did you guys talk about thihs deal?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
There are a couple of other big Miguel Cabrera collectors on this board.
Give it to one of them instead and just foe the moron so you don't have to see his threads anymore.

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
darocker80 said:

i'm just joking its no biggie you forgot (and if you did send, i guess its lost, but don't worry about).

Interesting poll, did you just think of this, I have not voted and wanted to see some results first. Did you guys talk about thihs deal?

Word?

::facepalm::

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
I like miggy, he's a good kid, just a little over the top sometimes. My vote (and I know it isn't one of the choices but I'll throw it out there anyways) is to make him earn the card. Set some "parental" guidelines for him to follow. He needs to make threads with a purpose and are well thought out. Guidelines that will help him develop into a better kid, not make him feel driven away. I hope to see him stick around, AND get that awesome card, but don't make it a freebie until he deserves it.

Migs- sorry if that sounds too parental, but that's the way it is in the real world, man. Nothing's for free! ;)

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
prozac4312 said:
darocker80 said:

Word?

::facepalm::
Its something between me and him we had through pms a while back. Kind of like an inside joke.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Bigfan5 said:
As many of you know our very own miguelcabrera is quite the polarizing figure on these boards and love him or hate him he affects us all on a daily basis. Some of you might also know that I enjoy being generous to our great members here on the FCB but I've grown frustrated with helping only one member at a time. With that in mind I think I came up with a way to possibly help many people with one very generous act.

I recently purchased a beautiful 2004 Leaf Limited 1/1 Threads Logo Patch card of one Miguel Cabrera, then with the Florida Marlins. This beautiful 1/1 would be a jewel in any collection and to the Miguel Cabrera fan it would be a monumental addition. But, I have a problem and need the help of our great members to figure it out. What do I do with the card and more importantly, what do we do with miguelcabrera? Here are the options:

A - I send this beautiful 1/1 masterpiece to miguelcabrera and in return he agrees to cease posting on the boards until September 20, 2009 at 9:38:23 eastern standard time.

B - I keep this gorgeous specimen of a card and treasure it like one of my own children and miguelcabrera keeps his posting privileges on this amazing institution we call the FCB!

It's a tough call and one that is sure to divide this board. Dare I say this could be a more heated debate than any presidential election in history and I fear the strain this could put on the mods might be unbearable.

I look at it as a win/win situation though and one in which I can help many people. If he leaves then many of our members will rejoice at not having to read (and thus complain about) his posts. If he stays then his ardent supporters and friends will rejoice at keeping their friend amongst their ranks. If he leaves I help many and if he stays I help many. If he leaves he gets a beautiful card and I'm able to cross another member off my list. If he stays I get arguably the greatest card my collection has ever known and I now become the Miguel Cabrera super collector.

You decide fellow Freedom Card Board members. It's going to be a gut-wrenching decision and one that will affect you all for months. Does his absence suddenly make for a boring and lifeless board experience? Or does his leaving lift a cloud that will make this the sunniest summer ever on the FCB? Will we finally be rid of such riveting posts as "what's a fair price for this", "holy cannoli", "brad hand superfractor on ebay" or my personal favorite "can corners get messed up in a one touch?" Or will we miss such jovial favorites as "chat room", "chat room", "chat room" or your favorite and mine, "slow night, chat."

Probably my all time favorite FCB post.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
Give him a break miggy isn't that bad of a guy. Some of his questions seem stupid but believe me we have all read our share of pointless threads. I would say screw the 1/1 card and keep posting well then again this message board is full pointless threads so he wouldn't be missing much. Just my 2 cents.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If you don't like the guy, foe him. That's why the option is there.

We're all mature here for the most part, so we should be able to overlook the stuff that bothers us or hit the foe button. I for one have no problem with the guy really, and don't open a thread if it looks pointless. If you read a post with a stupid title that contains something stupid, then you are _______ for opening it in the first place. (Fill in the blank)

Just my opinion. I haven't been here as long as most, and may not have the same situations with miggy.

I can't vote on this poll. I'd say if you really want to be generous to him, give him the card. If not, keep it or find somebody else.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
wideright said:
I like miggy, he's a good kid, just a little over the top sometimes. My vote (and I know it isn't one of the choices but I'll throw it out there anyways) is to make him earn the card. Set some "parental" guidelines for him to follow. He needs to make threads with a purpose and are well thought out. Guidelines that will help him develop into a better kid, not make him feel driven away. I hope to see him stick around, AND get that awesome card, but don't make it a freebie until he deserves it.

Migs- sorry if that sounds too parental, but that's the way it is in the real world, man. Nothing's for free! ;)
This is definitely the best idea yet. Would love to see how he'd act if a Miggy 1/1 was at stake (free, nonetheless).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts