Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cardinals fans nervous about tonight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I am pretty nervous about Carpenters start tonight.

It's terrible when you just expect an injury to happen with the guy.

When he's healthy he's one of the best out there, but his Cy Young season was many many moons ago.

It's such a shame he's been injured so much.

Here's hoping for a healthy rest of the season for Carp!

But part of me gives him 3 starts before he's injured again somehow.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
ccolwell said:
A little OT but I was just curious are you a fan of Jardine?

He's entertaining, and I was his biggest fan when he was fighting Rampage.

I don't not not like him, if that makes sense.

I just feel he blocks punches with his face too much, and blocks leg kicks with his legs way too often, :lol:

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
Sam Banks said:
ccolwell said:

I just feel he blocks punches with his face too much, and blocks leg kicks with his legs way too often, :lol:

I just like his unorthodox style. Its fun to watch and yes it is entertaining. I just figured we had the same taste in fighters by looking at your sig and I figured I'd ask.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
ccolwell said:
Sam Banks said:
ccolwell said:

I just like his unorthodox style. Its fun to watch and yes it is entertaining. I just figured we had the same taste in fighters by looking at your sig and I figured I'd ask.

That's cool. I am just not a fan of fighters who come off punkish, and I think a lot of the fighters in my dislike line come off that way.

I love Machida because of his unorthodox style. It was great watching Ttio just chase after him. I believe he's going to take the strap from Rashad, then beat Rampage too. And that would just make my world. He would stick leg kicks and move and wear Page down and win that way. Which is pretty much how he wins every fight though, :lol:

Rick Ankiel is supposed to come off the DL tonight too, but I haven't seen confirmation of that quite yet.

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
Sam Banks said:
ccolwell said:
[quote="Sam Banks":1l6yj3o0]
ccolwell said:

That's cool. I am just not a fan of fighters who come off punkish, and I think a lot of the fighters in my dislike line come off that way.

Rick Ankiel is supposed to come off the DL tonight too, but I haven't seen confirmation of that quite yet.[/quote:1l6yj3o0]

Yes I agree with you on the punkish part but I do have to give credit where credit is due. And by saying that I mean I do show some respect to Lidell.

Back on topic though. I just picked Ankiel off the FA in my fantasy league so hopefully he does come back soon.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
ccolwell said:
Sam Banks said:
ccolwell said:
[quote="Sam Banks":c2161pea]
ccolwell said:

Rick Ankiel is supposed to come off the DL tonight too, but I haven't seen confirmation of that quite yet.

Yes I agree with you on the punkish part but I do have to give credit where credit is due. And by saying that I mean I do show some respect to Lidell.

Back on topic though. I just picked Ankiel off the FA in my fantasy league so hopefully he does come back soon.[/quote:c2161pea]

Hopefully he HITS!!! And not the wall this time!!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Both Rick and Carp will be fine tonight, StL needs Rick more than Carp imo right now, need to take some pressure from The Machine.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
George_Calfas said:
Both Rick and Carp will be fine tonight, StL needs Rick more than Carp imo right now, need to take some pressure from The Machine.

He's not a machine okay, he's just Albert! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am so glad Ank is coming back. He's one of my favs.

I won't be able to watch tonight, but I will be rocking Ank's number during my softball game.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
40718919.jpg

ankieldives625apr24.jpg

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
What a sad sad picture.

APRIL 2001- ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI, USA: St. Louis Cardinals centerfielder Jim Edmonds gives teammate Rick Ankiel a hug in the dugout after Ankiel was removed from the game in the fifth inning against the Houston Astros at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri, April 14. Ankiel gave up four Houston runs in his first home debut of the season.

Rick-Ankiel_7.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts