Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why is 2009 Bowman not selling well?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
There are some really big name prospects who are non-autos. I'm surprised to see sales on them as low as they are. I feel like the release just sort of blind sided some people as it didn't have a ton of hype around them, but there are a ton of first year chromes that aren't getting any buzz.

Anyone have an explanation? Am I missing something here?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
thefasterblade said:
There are some really big name prospects who are non-autos. I'm surprised to see sales on them as low as they are.

Anyone have an explanation? Am I missing something here?

Who are you talking about?

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I also am suprised..I mean I saw a Feliz blue refractor go for 20$, Feliz Xfractoe for 12$, and I picked up a Teheran blue refractor for 18$

All these seem really low to me, and have no idea why(but not complaining)

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
thefasterblade said:
I got a Neftali Gold Ref for $50.00

I wasn't even trying to win it.

I guess in his case...even though this is his first Bowman..He had EEE, Threads, Contenders etc last year.

Very nice pickup!

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
ahill1 said:
thefasterblade said:

I guess in his case...even though this is his first Bowman..He had EEE, Threads, Contenders etc last year.

Very nice pickup!

Yea, but in the end this is his first BC card and hes in a Rangers uni here. I don't really see any of those cards flying off the shelves either.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
thefasterblade said:
I personally think the design is growing on me and I like it better than 2008.
When I first opened bowman i wasn't so hot on the design, but not it is growing on me. But I also like 08 bowman :p

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
thefasterblade said:
ahill1 said:
thefasterblade said:

Very nice pickup!

Yea, but in the end this is his first BC card and hes in a Rangers uni here. I don't really see any of those cards flying off the shelves either.

Oh I agree 100% (first licensed card),,,I want at least 1 Blue..I just picked up an X last night for 12$

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
thefasterblade said:
ahill1 said:
thefasterblade said:

Very nice pickup!

His contender card will be more expensive then the gold in the long run.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Yes, I got a Feliz X for $11.00 also. Once again, I wasn't trying to win it with my bid of $14.00 three hours before the auction ended.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
EricInCT said:
thefasterblade said:
ahill1 said:
thefasterblade said:

Very nice pickup!

I don't agree with this...I just don't think Contenders will maintain like it does in Football

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ahill1 said:
EricInCT said:
thefasterblade said:
ahill1 said:
thefasterblade said:

Very nice pickup!

I don't agree with this...I just don't think Contenders will maintain like it does in Football

Compare the print runs between Bowman and Contenders.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
One thing I'm always cautious about is buying before the Chrome auto checklist is released. Maybe some other people are too.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
ahill1 said:
EricInCT said:
thefasterblade said:
ahill1 said:
[quote="thefasterblade":f0fjxvr1]I got a Neftali Gold Ref for $50.00

Very nice pickup!

Compare the print runs between Bowman and Contenders.[/quote:f0fjxvr1]

I know all about the print runs, but IMO most people care about this, but rather would prefer a "name" brand with players pictured in their team unis.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
ahill1 said:
EricInCT said:
thefasterblade said:
ahill1 said:
thefasterblade said:

Very nice pickup!

His short printed contender sold for $40 when it first came out.......it is a true rookie card not a parallel like the bowman is. That will be his best rookie card when he gets promoted.

Members online

Latest posts