Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 All-breakout Team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TraderJake

Aug 7, 2008
who ya got?

Mine:
P: Zach Greinke
C: Victor Martinez
1st: Joey Votto
2nd: Aaron Hill
3rd: Zimmerman/Longoria
SS: Jason Bartlett
OF: Adam Jones
OF: Raul Ibanez
OF: Adam Lind

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
TraderJake said:
who ya got?

Mine:
P: Zach Greinke
C: Victor Martinez comeback not really breakout (he was already a stud)
1st: Joey Votto
2nd: Aaron Hill
3rd: Zimmerman/Longoria
SS: Jason Bartlett
OF: Adam Jones
OF: Raul Ibanez hard for me to consider a 37 year old a breakout guy...
OF: Adam Lind

you got some really good stuff... here are my thoughts

P: Greinke/Gallardo
1st: Votto
2nd: Hill
3rd: Zimmerman
SS: Scutaro
OF: Jones
OF: Upton
OF: Nyger Morgan

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I don't know if you would call it a breakout or a comeback since he was one of the best in the league in 2007, but Justin Verlander has been untouchable his last 4 starts.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
At this point in the season:

P: Zack Greinke -- No other pitcher is even close. 7W 60IP 4ER 65K
C: I can't decide but Benji Molina's hitting numbers are hard to ignore. Victor Martinez's performance says comeback, not breakout; the guy has been an All Star twice.
1B: Joey Votto -- He's establishing himself as a top tier first baseman. I'm hoping for 25 home runs.
2B: Aaron Hill -- Leads all second baseman in runs and RBI's and is tied for first with 11 home runs.
3B: Ryan Zimmerman -- 30 game hit streak was impressive but I don't know if he keeps it up all year though.
SS: Jason Bartlett -- From Yahoo! "Bartlett moved into third in the AL with a .370 average after another three-hit game Sunday. Going back to Aug. 1 of last season, Bartlett is hitting .361 -- no other player with as many at-bats (291) has as high an average."
OF: Adam Jones/Adam Lind/Matt Kemp/Justin Upton

ee10

Aug 14, 2008
Mt Sterling, KY
Reds fans are just hoping Votto gets back on the field. His dizziness spells are causing some major concern in Cincy. Here's to hoping it's nothing too serious and that he gets back much sooner than later.

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
I agree with the above points about Victor: He's a 2x All Star with a Silver Slugger under his belt...dude can hit...He was injured last year but he's putting it all back together after his elbow surgery.

marterburn

rico08 said:
At this point in the season:

P: Zack Greinke -- No other pitcher is even close. 7W 60IP 4ER 65K
C: I can't decide but Benji Molina's hitting numbers are hard to ignore. Victor Martinez's performance says comeback, not breakout; the guy has been an All Star twice.
1B: Joey Votto -- He's establishing himself as a top tier first baseman. I'm hoping for 25 home runs.
2B: Aaron Hill -- Leads all second baseman in runs and RBI's and is tied for first with 11 home runs.
3B: Ryan Zimmerman -- 30 game hit streak was impressive but I don't know if he keeps it up all year though.
SS: Jason Bartlett -- From Yahoo! "Bartlett moved into third in the AL with a .370 average after another three-hit game Sunday. Going back to Aug. 1 of last season, Bartlett is hitting .361 -- no other player with as many at-bats (291) has as high an average."
OF: Adam Jones/Adam Lind/Matt Kemp/Justin Upton

eh, Kemp did the same thing last year. Sure, a few more RBI, but same average, same high K rate. obviously i still love him though :D

Members online

Latest posts