Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone open Topps Series 2 here yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I got a box of Topps Series II and Bowman to review today, and I will have scans up later, but every couple of packs I got a weird printing error I guess. Some packs I got 2, or 3 of the cards with no name on the front. They all had the foil stamped on the top with the Topps logo and design, but all had the imprint, but no foil name on them at all? Also I'm going to be giving away a bunch, you'll just have to send me a SASE if I had your guy and will send out to you. Will have more on that later.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
well hell, its 2009, why on earth should they be able to avoid retarded errors like that?
not like we have advanced much since 1962

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
No, Soria, Blalock, Bako, LaRoche, Chavez, Paul Maholm, Rickie Weeks, Theriot, Luke Montz, Kazmir, Zito, Alexi Castilla, and Esteban German.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Picked up some wax in Target but didn't see any issues with this retail stuff.

beefycheddar said:
I got a box of Topps Series II and Bowman to review today, and I will have scans up later, but every couple of packs I got a weird printing error I guess. Some packs I got 2, or 3 of the cards with no name on the front. They all had the foil stamped on the top with the Topps logo and design, but all had the imprint, but no foil name on them at all? Also I'm going to be giving away a bunch, you'll just have to send me a SASE if I had your guy and will send out to you. Will have more on that later.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
Picked up some wax in Target but didn't see any issues with this retail stuff.

beefycheddar said:

It's a strange printing error because there is foil on the top half of card, but not on the bottom, and there is the impression on the bottom of it being stamped.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
scan-1438.jpeg

scan-1440.jpeg

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Dont worry, Topps is just trying to recreate the 1990 Frank Thomas NNOF.....

Seriously though, I remember having cards from 1992, 1994, 1997 Topps with the same problem.....

TK

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
pujolsthomefan33 said:
Dont worry, Topps is just trying to recreate the 1990 Frank Thomas NNOF.....

Seriously though, I remember having cards from 1992, 1994, 1997 Topps with the same problem.....

TK

I didn't get anyone Frank Thomas caliber..... :(

Latest posts