Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Beckett online price guide worth the money?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I am starting to do more trading and wanted to know if it is worth it to subscribe to the online price guide.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Then what do you guys use if trading? My price guide has very little of the older Pacific stuff in it.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
moxacaine said:
i didnt realize people still used price guides. I go off recent Ebay sales when deciding on a price.

Same here, thats a better indicator of the value of a card anyway.

That what I use for commonly traded cards, but rare/rarer cards are trickier

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Beckett as a company (online at least) sucks. Don't expect the site to always function properly. The customer service is horrible, almost non-existent. I haven't been there for a few months, but I doubt it's changed that much.

The prices are usually way off of what the card actually sells for, and is never on with "who's hot now" cards. Save yourself the money and use ebay values or something else.

Just my opinion.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
I use a combination for eBay and Beckett pricing for trading. If I am dealing with something current that there is a ton of out there, Chrome auto for example, it is easiest to use eBay. But if you are dealing with older, harder to find, or items that don't show up on eBay often it is easier to use Beckett.

Where you are dealing with older Pacific sets, you will get more use out of Beckett, unless it is a major star.

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
Just keep in mind that if you pay for one month they will save your credit card information and bill you automatically for every month after that until you go to their website and delete your information.

With that being said. NO.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
ccolwell said:
Just keep in mind that if you pay for one month they will save your credit card information and bill you automatically for every month after that until you go to their website and delete your information.

With that being said. NO.
Yes they will. And if their mod feels you should be banned for any reason, you lose the OPG you paid for as well. If this crosses in to the next month - THEY'LL TRY TO BILL YOU.

Happened to me. Got banned for "violating the new way of making trades" and got banned, then received an email that my credit card was being charged. If you don't have access, you can't clear out your cc info or anything. I stopped them from doing it again, and got a refund, but Lord only knows if they removed my billing info.

Members online