Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"cardsultan" what a nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deantap

Aug 11, 2008
"cardsultan" has been posting on my threads with no relation to the subject matter at hand so I just wanted to fill in anyone who wants to trade with me the situation between us. I'm sure some of you have traded with him and had no problem but he has been a nightmare since the day HE BACKED OUT OF A CONFIRMED TRADE WITH ME on Beckett. I only followed the rules set on "the Bench" and he has done nothing but send me crazy e-mails since then. I hope this clears up any questions you may have.

We had a confirmed trade on Beckett but HE BACKED out because he said I was asking for too much on my cards. Now he is telling people HE BACKED OUT because I wouldn't send him my home e-mail. Not once was our trade contingent on me sending him my home e-mail as it was all about our cards values (as explained by him in one of his e-mails). So after I proved to him my cards worth AND proved to him the GRIFFEY he was trading me was not worth twice what HE was asking for he came back to me on "the Bench" and ended up trading me more than we had previously agreed upon. As a new trader on "the Bench" you have to send first no matter how many trades you made on "Beckett" but he wanted me to send his end right away. I would not and I told him his cards will go out AFTER I receive my end as I was already established on "the Bench". Well, he kept pestering me and sending me these long arrogant e-mails and insisted I send him his cards right away and I responded wrong (used inappropriate language with him) and got suspended 5 days on "the Bench". I admit I was wrong and it will never happen again but anyone who has traded with me before (on Beckett-The Bench/Topps/tradecardsnow/trader retreat) knows my excellent trading track record and sending cards right away when warranted. "cardsultan" didn't want to follow the rules set on "the Bench" and the mods there have told him he will get no special treatment there. My end of our trade arrived Monday 8/11 and his cards are going out Wednesday 8/13 with my paypal sales. If anyone else like "cardsultan" has a problem with my sending turnaround time PLZ LMK. My record on these trader sites and the bay (1600+) speaks for themselves. Because I have elected to ignore any further e-mails from him he is now posting on my threads with no relation to the subject matter. Here is a quote from "cardsultan" from one of his MANY infamous e-mails he sent to me. "cardsultan":eek:k patrick here is your dc# 03081400000160914409 is there something else i need to do now i don't want to screw up anymore? and please don't kill me on feed back about this trade i am sorry

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
I had a great trade with Randy back on beckett... Excellent person to deal with in my book..definetly a top notch trader as far as I am concerned.

Jay

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
This is a general question: If I was an honest trader and had a good rep on Beckett, and we traded on beckett (not that you traded with Cardsultan), would the "send first" rule still apply even if you were there a while before me? The Bench rules are garbage. No wonder why the site hardly has any members. For the record, Cardsultan is an honest member in case anyone has any bad ideas about him.

deantap

Aug 11, 2008
JEBJJA said:
This is a general question: If I was an honest trader and had a good rep on Beckett, and we traded on beckett (not that you traded with Cardsultan), would the "send first" rule still apply even if you were there a while before me? The Bench rules are garbage. No wonder why the site hardly has any members. For the record, Cardsultan is an honest member in case anyone has any bad ideas about him.

And I even said others probably had no problem with him but hes been a nightmare for me personally. If I had traded with him on Beckett previously it would have been different. That and the fact he backed out of a CONFIRMED trade then lies as to what really went down raised red flags for me. You can't find no fault in me going by the rules in this case. Garbage or not its nice to have a trading tool in place to document trades.l

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Patrick,

I have dealt with both of you....and both are good traders......I just think this entire thing is a little silly. Just squash it and move on and if you dont want to deal again with him then dont. LOL, you guys are like the first trading disagreement on the new boards....

Anyways, he should apologize, you should give him the DC# and then all can move forward and be happy with the trade....

TK

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
rebelsbaseball3 said:
I had a great trade with Randy back on "StinkBurger"... Excellent person to deal with in my book..definetly a top notch trader as far as I am concerned.

Jay

+1

The highend trade with me involved Randy send first, I received my end as promised, so does his.

I hope you guys can get each end and have a happy ending. ;)

.robb.

Aug 7, 2008
mustbecold.jpg

I'm sorry, someone say something?

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
He's a class A trader. Trades by BV and a true collector. Fast shipper, great communication and nice guy, I am suprised to see this post. And I'm not going to kill you, your cool too. :mrgreen:

Aug 7, 2008
I personally think hes an idiot. And I have even had many good trades with him. He freaked out on me on beckett because I simply said something along the lines of NO thanks not interested. To his Pee Wee Reese Signature Rookies Autograph which he was asking $400 BV for or something around the lines. Don't worry OP you're not the only one, there are more from the old beckett site.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
BGT Masters of TikiD said:
I personally think hes an idiot. And I have even had many good trades with him. He freaked out on me on beckett because I simply said something along the lines of NO thanks not interested. To his Pee Wee Reese Signature Rookies Autograph which he was asking $400 BV for or something around the lines. Don't worry OP you're not the only one, there are more from the old beckett site.

So attack him and call him and idiot. Is that fair? He still is a good trader. I'm sure he didn't freak out just because you weren't interested. You've had your share of problems as well. Remember Marro and that fiasco? And then you got him banned? Well, you thought you did. Then the whole moderator thing went south. Look in the mirror bro. This is a trader info board based on experiences everyone's HAD with another trader. Yours went well so no need to comment based on a PM. You'd think everyone would know the rules of posting by now. Especially you.

Aug 7, 2008
Hey I got an idea maybe you should shut your mouth if you don't know what you're talking about. HEre is a little article about your great trader marro.....

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Arc ... 10%20years)%20AND%20date(all)%20AND%20date(all)%20AND%20date(all)%20AND%20date(all)%20AND%20date(all)&p_field_advanced-0=&p_text_advanced-0=Robert%20Mazzeo%20fraud&p_bool_advanced-1=AND&p_params_advanced-1=date:B,E&p_field_advanced-1=YMD_date&p_text_advanced-1=(last%2010%20years)%20AND%20(all)%20AND%20(all)%20AND%20(all)%20AND%20(all)&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no

Copied for everyone, you have to pay to get all of the article.
A Hammonton man was arrested Tuesday and charged with theft in connection with the sale of sports cards over the Internet, Atlantic County Prosecutor Jeffrey S. Blitz said.

Robert Mazzeo, 27, of Fairview Avenue in Hammonton, allegedly placed for sale sports cards, including a 1951 Mickey Mantle, on several Internet sites like eBay and Beckett.com. Mazzeo is accused of receiving more than $1,700 from four people to whom he failed to provide the cards for which he was paid, Blitz said.

In my opinion if you knowingly let a person under other ids trade on any site, you aren't much better than them. BTW he was on probation from even dealing online at the time. So maybe you want to take your foot out of your mouth. And if you want to bring up me not moderating anymore on beckett know your facts. I threw a fit with a couple mods mostly Halldogg, because a couple moderators were playing favorites banning/suspending membres for 30+ days while letting other members get away with the samething. It was easier for Bill to get rid of me then to fix the problem, look where that got them. :lol:

deantap

Aug 11, 2008
I don't know how you found the article but all I've got to say is...WOW!! :lol:

Aug 7, 2008
I can handle criticism, sometimes, at least, but there is normally a pretty good reason for me going off on someone. Alot of stuff went around on beckett that others didn't know about. I was also in contact with a local shop owner of his who had all sorts of good information. I've been around online for quite sometime, even though members you might know as good members, they might have some serious ghosts in their closets. And I consider stealing from fellow traders a serious problem whether they did it yesterday or years ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts