Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wilkin Ramirez Homerun in ML Debut for Detroit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
And it was LONG gone, measuring 433 feet to straight away center field in Comerica.

Had to post a thread, I've followed this guy all through the Tigers' minor league system and couldn't be happier for him.

That's now three guys that I recall who have homered in their ML Debut so far this year: Jordan Schafer, Gerardo Parra, and now Wilkin Ramirez. Any others?

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
And it was LONG gone, measuring 433 feet to straight away center field in Comerica.

Had to post a thread, I've followed this guy all through the Tigers' minor league system and couldn't be happier for him.

That's now three guys that I recall who have homered in their ML Debut so far this year: Jordan Schafer, Gerardo Parra, and now Wilkin Ramirez. Any others?

Matt LaPorta?

Allen

PronkDH48

Aug 7, 2008
Wooster, OH
Bruin7 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Matt LaPorta?

Allen

Second game but close enough.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
PronkDH48 said:
Bruin7 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Matt LaPorta?

Allen

Second game but close enough.

Mat Gamel in his first career start.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
When I first started following him, I thought he had the makeup to be another Curtis Granderson-like player for Detroit...someone who has great speed but also has some serious pop in their bat, and also plays solid defense.

Everyone says the Tigers have no talent in their system leading up to this year, but if you look a little closer, you will see that Rick Porcello is leading the team in wins, Ryan Perry has been tough out of the bullpen all year, Larish and Thomas have both been great since being called up, Raburn is starting to turn it on, and now Wilkin Ramirez looks like he could be an impact player for them this year too.

That's six different guys that were on the border line of making the team this year that are now contributing in big ways. Not to mention perhaps my personal favorite of their young talent, Ryan Strieby who is still in AA.

Tigers ain't as bad as people might think.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
When I first started following him, I thought he had the makeup to be another Curtis Granderson-like player for Detroit...someone who has great speed but also has some serious pop in their bat, and also plays solid defense.

Everyone says the Tigers have no talent in their system leading up to this year, but if you look a little closer, you will see that Rick Porcello is leading the team in wins, Ryan Perry has been tough out of the bullpen all year, Larish and Thomas have both been great since being called up, Raburn is starting to turn it on, and now Wilkin Ramirez looks like he could be an impact player for them this year too.

That's six different guys that were on the border line of making the team this year that are now contributing in big ways. Not to mention perhaps my personal favorite of their young talent, Ryan Strieby who is still in AA.

Tigers ain't as bad as people might think.

+1. The rotation has been great this year with no signs of slowing down. And the defense and bullpen have immensely improved.

Members online

Latest posts