Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UD Series 2 Box.. I didn't know UD had hot boxes!! (w/scans)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
So I stopped by my card shop on the way home, and talked a bit with one of the regulars, and saw that the new UD09 Series 2 was in.. I picked a box and the owner put it on the counter for me.. I started to open it and he mentioned there were supposed to be some box toppers like they have done in the past..

Well, needless to say I didn't get any box topper.. but I can't say I am disappointed.. On the box it read 2 GU and 1 auto per box..

As I opened the first pack, I got an auto.. then the 2nd pack an auto.. 3rd pack an auto.. 4th pack and auto..

by this time I was stoked.. then the next pack, just a gu card.. (see scans).. then the next pack had an auto., and it kept going..

Well, when all was said and done.. I got 2 GU jersey cards.. and the rest were auto's!!!

Enjoy.. Is this Jason Bay's first auto in a Red Sox uni?

auto-1.jpg

auto-2.jpg

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Cool stuff! Looks like UD is going to ride the USA Baseball train till there's no more steam. I wonder why Strasburg or Harper are never in any of the new products? They definitely have plenty of sticker autos if they're still making Kentrail Davis cards.

Allen

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Bruin7 said:
Cool stuff! Looks like UD is going to ride the USA Baseball train till there's no more steam. I wonder why Strasburg or Harper are never in any of the new products? They definitely have plenty of sticker autos if they're still making Kentrail Davis cards.

Allen

Here's a Strasburg for you..

[ebay:tpl47osy]310143557922 [/ebay:tpl47osy]

!BSzsF0wB2k~$(KGrHgoOKiEEjlLmgM5VBKFEY(4!k!~~_1.jpg

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Pinbreaker said:
Bruin7 said:

Allen

Here's a Strasburg for you..

[ebay:1hgmxf3p]310143557922 [/ebay:1hgmxf3p]

!BSzsF0wB2k~$(KGrHgoOKiEEjlLmgM5VBKFEY(4!k!~~_1.jpg

::facepalm::

Allen

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Congrats on an awesome box Pin! Looks like some decent stuff in there. I'm not surprised that the Bay went so quickly. You should do well on the Strasburg too. If you pick up any more, hopefully you get another hot box!

Joe

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
There were also some O-PeeChee preview cards and were not from the year pictured on the promo sheet...

webb-pre-a.jpg

The backs all had the word Preview across them..

webb-pre-b.jpg

pedroia-pre-a.jpg

holliday-pre-a.jpg

cabrera-pre-a.jpg

here's the Ichiro from the Sell Sheet..

1977opc.jpg

I just looked at UD's checklist and I see these are what they are putting out.. They don't look like they are from 1977 at all..

Johnny B

Aug 7, 2008
Great break! I really like the Bay.

To answer your question, it is one of the first three I know of that he is wearing a Red Sox uni in. The other two are 08 UD Timelines and 09 Finest.

Members online

Latest posts