Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

San Diego market vs. Chicago Market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
Soo apparently there is a trade going down involving my boy and I was curious on the different markets. I dont know a whole lot about the San Diego market and the value of their prospects. How do they stack up?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
The question you need to ask is the San Diego market vs. the Chicago White Sox market.
If the deal gets done, I don't see values being affected much really.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
chashawk said:
The question you need to ask is the San Diego market vs. the Chicago White Sox market.
If the deal gets done, I don't see values being affected much really.

Yea I forgot to speficy. I know the Cubs fans are crazy. Dont see too many White Sox fans in my part of Illinois.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
San Diego Market compared to the Chicago market.

Chicago

BeautifulWomen.jpg

San Diego

ugly-smile.jpg

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
While the market is a factor....I think another big consideration is the ball park. Is it a hitter or pitcher friendly park? You certainly don't want to see a pitching prospect traded to the Rockies. I think being traded to the Padres would hurt a power hitting prospect based on the ball park....you will not get many cheap home runs.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
While the market is a factor....I think another big consideration is the ball park. Is it a hitter or pitcher friendly park? You certainly don't want to see a pitching prospect traded to the Rockies. I think being traded to the Padres would hurt a power hitting prospect based on the ball park....you will not get many cheap home runs.

Well, the ball park is very pitcher friendly, so thats a big plus.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Hopefully Beckham is in the line-up tonite.... was part of the deal?

I am going to my first Smokies game and they are playing the Barons.

Shep :ugeek:

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
shephech said:
Hopefully Beckham is in the line-up tonite.... was part of the deal?

I am going to my first Smokies game and they are playing the Barons.

Shep :ugeek:

Beckham can't be traded. I seriously doubt he'll be involved anyway, but if he is, it would be as a PTBNL.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I think the only fluctuation would come from his performance once there, not the actual moving.

I'm part of the White Sox market...here in southwest PA.

Also, the word is that Beckham is not in the trade. Also, Peavy has to approve this trade, and it's looking (according to his agent) like he may not. He favors the NL.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Card Magnet said:
I think the only fluctuation would come from his performance once there, not the actual moving.

I'm part of the White Sox market...here in southwest PA.

Also, the word is that Beckham is not in the trade. Also, Peavy has to approve this trade, and it's looking (according to his agent) like he may not. He favors the NL.

Sticking to the NL would be a smart play for Peavy.

Alex

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
San Diego fans can rejoice...
they got another Gwynn.
Tony Gwynn Jr. for Jody Gerut.

Someone tell me something cool about Gerut.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Being someone whom has went after quite a few of both the SD Padres prospect's & Chicago WhiteSox prospect's, I can tell you that this will definitely NOT be good news in term's of SV for Poreda (however, Peavy could see a slight bump in price's if he goes over & continues his level of play). I would expect a slight to sharp decrease in SV on a prospect that went from the White Sox to the Padres (bad news for Poreda owner's if the trade goes through)! :? Good Luck though guy's! :D

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Yeah, I'll be mad if the deal goes through and Poreda goes to the Padres. That'd definitely kill his value. He might get promoted sooner, but even then, he'd have to absolutely pitch lights out for his value to go up.

Members online

Latest posts