Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The player you collect: is he missing something...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Does it seem that, for whatever reason, the guy you collect seems to be missing some of the cooler parallels/GU/Patches?

I swear, I have NEVER seem a Yount Logo patch or button, both of which I would LOVE! Sure, there's the laundry tag (see sig), but i want a LOGOMAN from like Leaf Limited or something. Or a button.

I mean, maybe I'm just reading the master Beckett lists wrong (they can be annoyingly confusing/detail-less), but if that's the case, I've still, in 5 years of hard-core collecting, never seen one.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
Miggy is missing the cool 90's inserts like Donruss Crusades, 1997 Score 1/1's etc, well because he did not play in the 90's.

yeah, that's a good point. Besides 1993 Finest refractor, Yount is missing that stuff too. He didn't have a card in '96, '97, '98 and less than a dozen in '99.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Sosa has a mix of everything, with the exception of a rookie card autograph (which is a good thing).

As far as I know Sosa only has a couple of barrels, and one set of GU letterman. The lettermen are from Topps Sterling - each 1/1.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Dan Haren has two bat barrels in 2005 Donruss Leather & Lumber, one with his first name 1/2 and one with his last name 2/2. The last name version is my white whale and I have lost it twice on Ebay.

Other than those two he doesn't have any more bat barrels. He also doesn't have any button cards or logo patches.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I see one logoman and two buttons for Yount, all from 2005 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia.

For me, B.J. has a handful of logos, but only one barrel, which I haven't seen yet. Justin has no barrels yet, but one logo, that I haven't seen yet either. B.J. finally had a true jumbo patch in 2009 Topps Series 1, Justin hasn't had one yet.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
as I posted in the 2009 Bowman Chrome preview- I would just settle for a Chrome card of Jeff Larish....I have been waiting since the 2005 College World Series to start

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Paul O'Neill is lacking a Topps RC from the 1986 set.

Mariano Rivera really needs a Sweet Spot auto, plus he's hasn't been in any Bowman Chrome sets since 2001.

starwarsfan2003

Dec 4, 2008
Although i cringe thinking of the money I'd be spending to complete the set, I really would like to see Markakis in sweet spot. I dont particularly like they way they are made as of late (fading) but I think it would be cool to have that type of subset in my collection.

As stated above, I would love some 90's style inserts also.

But for right now I would really really really love a bat barrel in this years Topps Sterling or TTT. And even though it was partially done in last years TTT, I would love to see a complete, true GU letterman last name of Markakis. But that would cost me at least $2k if im lucky.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Talent, lol. But really, all i have is pretty much prospects. But aside from my PC guys, Bowden doesn't have a logo card yet so thats all I haven't seen

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Cronin is missing a 1939 Play Ball.

It's weird because he is in the 40/41 PB sets, yet not the 39.....Ah well...

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
Walker has everything just not a lot of them. I believe he only has one Superfractor and only 6 auto cards plus the 8 from 2008 prime cuts but that's it. He also doesn't have too many bat barrels, I know there is one on the bay wright now but it's too much, although it is the only one I've seen except for the one Dreamerfan has.

dreamerfan

Aug 10, 2008
Rochester,Mi
Exposfan said:
as I posted in the 2009 Bowman Chrome preview- I would just settle for a Chrome card of Jeff Larish....I have been waiting since the 2005 College World Series to start

Amen to that. It is just team usa cards till that day.

dreamerfan

Aug 10, 2008
Rochester,Mi
jarcar said:
Walker has everything just not a lot of them. I believe he only has one Superfractor and only 6 auto cards plus the 8 from 2008 prime cuts but that's it. He also doesn't have too many bat barrels, I know there is one on the bay wright now but it's too much, although it is the only one I've seen except for the one Dreamerfan has.

True there is one on the bay and the guy will not deal at all. I have seen three other bat barrels and one is mine two others I lost when the bidding went above 200. I would like to see a nice expos patch or some really nice cards patches.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
dreamerfan said:
jarcar said:

True there is one on the bay and the guy will not deal at all. I have seen three other bat barrels and one is mine two others I lost when the bidding went above 200. I would like to see a nice expos patch or some really nice cards patches.

Forgot about that, anything Expos Game used would be awesome.

Members online