Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question for Player Collectors of the newer MLBers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Guys post 2003 lets say.

As you may or may not know, i collect Jay Bruce, going for everything MLB issued that is not a 1/1.
i am near the 61% mark, and WAS expecting there to be more stuff that i need listed as the MLB season
got into full swing.

Well, now it is, and there just isnt that much stuff being listed. Do you have the same thing going on?
Do you think it's the economy? I'd jut like to hear what others have to say on the topic.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
ccolwell said:
Ever considered going after some 1/1s? I know there are probably a lot.

maybe someday, but at the moment they do not appeal to me, especially the parallel 1/1's and nasty plates

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
ThoseBackPages said:
ccolwell said:
Ever considered going after some 1/1s? I know there are probably a lot.

maybe someday, but at the moment they do not appeal to me, especially the parallel 1/1's and nasty plates

I couldn't agree more.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I'm not a huge fan of plates either, but I have picked up 2 simply because they fit in the Finest rainbows that I was putting together.

My biggest problem so far with collecting Upton has been trying to get even the base and high numbered stuff for a reasonable price. I don't want to pay $3 shipping for every 10-50 cent card. I know I'm missing a ton, but I just pick up what I can, when I can when the price is right.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
It pays to search for lots when looking to fill in the base and higher numbered cards. Like you said it's not worth the shipping to buy the base, etc. at $1 a pop. I think I filled out most of the common A&G cards for Jeff Clement when someone listed a nice lot of his cards.

Alex

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts